Show Us Your Motors!

What changes?

I actually preferred the first one.

I cant imagine what goes through peoples minds when swapping and changing new cars like that. Fair enough on an older second hand car but to suffer a new car depreciation hit twice in two years is just burning cash tbh.

I remember when Nath had his first car, a 1.2 polo and after a year he lost an eye watering amount of money on it.

I got the first one for £10K instead of £12K. It was on PCP which I paid under £1.5K in 9 months. I traded it in to swap to the newer one, paying roughly the same. I know I've been tied into another PCP deal and all the negatives.

I know this will sound stupid but I like the fact I pay my monthly cost and that's it. I don't have to worry about MOT, servicing is included in the price and it has a warranty for the length I own it.

did you not test drive the 3cyl before you bought it? all 3cyl are terrible and have a serious lack of torque. i imagine a 1.2 tfsi is very slow and gutless as well, how much does a polo weigh these days? 1.2-1.3t? its going to have around 75bhp per ton. :(

I've been running the Little 1.2 Tsi for just over 3 years and it's a great little engine; it punches well above its weight. The big surprise is just how well it shoves the car along at motorway speeds without being stressed or harsh. It will happily sit at 85+ (where the law allows...) all day and when driven sensibly will keep the eco-warriors happy. Mines a 6R0 so makes 105bhp (I think the latest 6C makes 110bhp.) But that's not the whole story, it makes maximum torque at just 1500 odd rpm so pulls far harder than you'd expect from a titchy 1.2 litre. It's also matched up to a 6 speed box that means that cruising on the motorway at 70mph means it's only turning over at 2000 rpm which makes it more refined than some much bigger engine cars. Normal driving sees 43/44mpg and if you do decide to wind it up the gear ratios are well matched to the engine so it tootles along quite nicely. It's not a "Hot hatch" but it does the job well enough and I think it gets to 62mph in 10.6.
I let a mate have a go and he's like "That's just wrong, it can't be a just a 1.2!!"

ready for japfest 2 tomorrow

CA5C8128-3DD6-45AB-A848-92FCE45B3FD3.jpg

8FD21C10-DD52-49B4-BDAC-AFB5B49B4396.jpg

715183BD-7FCC-481B-8F80-33238CABBCD2.jpg

Here is mine.

Current mods:

K&N
Milltek cat-back non-res
Milltek mani and Decat
AMD Remap.
SICO D bonnet struts
SICO D Stage 2 PAS kit
MMT6
Quaff Diff
Helix organic clutch
Mk1 RS Brembos
Meister R coilover kit
Plastics sprayed gloss black
Sabelt 4-point harness

post-31687-0-43044300-1408359295.jpg

Here is mine.

Current mods:

K&N
Milltek cat-back non-res
Milltek mani and Decat
AMD Remap.
SICO D bonnet struts
SICO D Stage 2 PAS kit
MMT6
Quaff Diff
Helix organic clutch
Mk1 RS Brembos
Meister R coilover kit
Plastics sprayed gloss black
Sabelt 4-point harness

I'm of an age now where I like to waft around in big engined saloons but I really like this.

Takes me back to my teenage years of hooning in my Renault 5 GT Turbo. :)

This is the planed mods yet to come.

To Get/Do

TD Pro Race 3's
Get roof blacked
Magnecor Leads
Rear ARB
60mm TB
Remove the licence plate and smooth the bumper
Move the battery to the boot.
ACR RS wing
Roll cage
Forging
AED stage 2 turbo kit
ECUMASTER EMU ECU or a Tornado 2
Helix 6-paddle
*Maybe* Focus style defuser and twin exhaust.
*Maybe* Sico D 2.3L kit

Back
Top Bottom