Show Us Your Motors!

I jest of course :p

A nice little car but i still think there are 2 rather large faults and 2 annoyances from my experience with the car (Girlfriend has had one since release).

1. Cost. More things should be standard for the price and image.
2. Cabin noise is terrible.
3. No DAB option.
4. Anyone over 5'10 can't sit in the back comfortably or (IMO) safely as your head hits the roof of the car.

I personally would prefer to spend the extra on an A3 Sport than an A1.

However, the A1 is nippy and surprisingly spacious when you put the seats down. Looks nice for a small car as well.

Last edited:
irc its been standard since they included the entertainment system in all cars.

Its awesome as in MK you only recieve Heart and the BBC channels, now you get the choice of, well the entire DAB band :D

Included what entertainment system?

The GF had an 11 plate and it wasn't an option at all. And then when she got the 14 plate, we went through the specs and it wasn't an option still.

The Internet seems to suggest that Audi were going to put it on this year as standard but doesn't mention it in specs as far as i can see on the configurator (unless i'm blind) and when we asked at the time the dealership said plain and simple "The A1 doesn't have a DAB option i'm afraid".

Time to speak to Audi i think as i want my BBC Radio 6 Music.

I think they call it the Audi MMI?, and looking on the audi configurator DAB is listed as standard on even the most poverty spec A1. irc when i looked back in april it was listed as standard fit as well.

You must have one of the last cars not to have it fitted :(
Has it got the dash mounted screen?

I think they call it the Audi MMI?, and looking on the audi configurator DAB is listed as standard on even the most poverty spec A1. irc when i looked back in april it was listed as standard fit as well.

You must have one of the last cars not to have it fitted :(
Has it got the dash mounted screen?

They've had MMI/dash mount screen since release, years ago.

I'm going to get her to call the dealership at the weekend.

Article from March last year suggest you should have the DAB radio!?

http://www.smmt.co.uk/2013/03/audi-switches-to-digital-radio/

Was you car made to order?

https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/l...ncreases-its-frequency-in-the-audi-range.html

The Audi digital radio system referred to in this press release became a standard feature across all 2014 Model Year variants with the exception of the TT and the R8 during May 2013, but following the issue of the release a supply restriction by the manufacturer of a key component has necessitated a delay to its introduction in the A1, A1 Sportback and Q3.

The list price of A1 and Q3 models has been adjusted downwards to reflect the temporary reduction in specification, and until normal service is resumed by our supplier Audi UK is directing customers to an optional retrofit DAB system available as part of its accessory programme. Audi UK apologises for any inconvenience caused by this amendment, which regrettably is beyond its control.

Tax disc off, plate on. Sorted.

plate.jpg

Back
Top Bottom