Show Us Your Motors!

The most immediate plans are:

- Replace the front bumper with something that doesn't look as ludicrous
- Paint the rear spoiler 0040 super white
- Adjust the rear exhaust to a better fitment/angle
- Will remove that out of place foglight and mod the rear lights to incorporate it instead.
- Go enjoy it

Long term:

- New alloys
- TT engine transplant
- Restoration of all parts that are getting on in years (20 years now)
- Slowly revert everything back to a stock look
good, at least you are doing the correct thing. most people would turn it from stock to what it is now. :D

Couple from today at Blyton park again :) First time out on proper track tyres + with Whiteline ARB (And a bit less weight too) and the difference is absolutely amazing, car feels completely planted in the corners and had a few arse clenching moments where I nearly lost it while on 3 wheels! Really showing up how poor the standard diff is now, Quaife after Christmas I reckon...

I had a mk6 Fiesta, brilliant car, the handling is extremely encouraging. Always thought they'd make awesome track cars.

1413248872.jpg

The most immediate plans are:

- Replace the front bumper with something that doesn't look as ludicrous
- Paint the rear spoiler 0040 super white
- Adjust the rear exhaust to a better fitment/angle
- Will remove that out of place foglight and mod the rear lights to incorporate it instead.
- Go enjoy it

Long term:

- New alloys
- TT engine transplant
- Restoration of all parts that are getting on in years (20 years now)
- Slowly revert everything back to a stock look

Good man, These cars only look best stock, I'm assuming its an N/A? I'm after an N/A since I can't afford a TT just yet.

Also is it auto or Manual?

Given how the response to the last Supra went, this should go down well :rolleyes:

Here is my project Supra that I recently picked up.

http://i.imgur.com/pZ6ieYh.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RyjuEmF.jpg[IMG]

Still needs work done with engine / body before it is ready but slowly getting there.[/quote]

I hope you punched the previous owner square in the face for doing such crimes against the car!

Surely if your going to go the TT route, it would be far cheaper long term just buying a TT?

Good man, These cars only look best stock, I'm assuming its an N/A? I'm after an N/A since I can't afford a TT just yet.

It's manual. If you look on the mkiv owners club, there is a black n/a manual for just under 2k.

I hope you punched the previous owner square in the face for doing such crimes against the car!

Surely if your going to go the TT route, it would be far cheaper long term just buying a TT?

It could be a lot worse. At least the kit is the full widebody version and completely genuine, so worth quite some £££. I've seen a lot worse out there.

Yeah it might be cheaper to go with a new TT, will see how I feel after some time with this car.
If I'm going to go to the effort of fully restoring it, then I think I will probably want to continue with it rather than selling it on. Time will tell

The only way a stock one would be better is if it was brand new and never touched. :p

Other than that there are many, many better looking supras than a box standard stock one (my opinion of course)

New to this forum, it seems a strange yet common link - cars and computers I mean, so here is my contribution. It's a VW golf I been tinkering with, unlike my rig which is stuck in the Stone Age with it's q9550

1B5590F4-F1B2-483C-9D27-BB9BD68BD4EC_zpsvm4btcrb.jpg

0B788167-B0F9-412A-8289-5ACDB14AD39C_zpsefmsuiml.jpg

EB2AFD6C-3BEF-4710-B739-83640D0E9511_zps0fmqjxmf.jpg

BC2EAAB9-485E-48F0-9EB5-FD2F8A98E88A_zpswjoj5h5b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, it's not seen so much in the way of track use recently, been too busy with work, things look better at the start of next year though. The focus of this build has been handling, having said that it is running 300bhp per ton and will be in excess of 400bhp per ton at the start of the year with it's new top mounted gt3071r which will be around the same time as the next brake upgrade.
Unfortunately, owing to circumstances, I'm forced to use it as my daily drive - which is less than ideal.

Back
Top Bottom