Show Us Your Motors!

Seems a bit crazy to do all that to a five door non-GTI?

I bought it standard with the intention to use as a track toy and so didn't want to pay the premium for a gti for it's interior, the engine started life as a gti engine (1.8t) but it's been rebuilt with forged internals, ported, port matched etc. There are a number of alterations made to the vehicle beyond the power plant, in fact the power plant - had been somewhat neglected.

Unbeknownst to many: the 5 door variants have less flex in the chasis compared with the 3 door variant - this is true of the majority of production vehicles - and the reason why the overwhelming majority of cars that race in the British touring car championship are 5 door variants - with the exception of AMD's golf mk5

Edit: I guess the 3 door does look 'sportier', but few would expect a 5 door golf to be comparable to supercharged Ariel atoms; let alone compete with it. It's a strange sight.

Last edited:
AMD use an Ex Motorbase MK3 Focus and put the Golf out to pasture last year so all of the cars are 5 door apart from the BMWs. Chassis flex is pretty irrelevant with the huge cages they use.

I bought it standard with the intention to use as a track toy and so didn't want to pay the premium for a gti for it's interior, the engine started life as a gti engine (1.8t) but it's been rebuilt with forged internals, ported, port matched etc. There are a number of alterations made to the vehicle beyond the power plant, in fact the power plant - had been somewhat neglected.

Unbeknownst to many: the 5 door variants have less flex in the chasis compared with the 3 door variant - this is true of the majority of production vehicles - and the reason why the overwhelming majority of cars that race in the British touring car championship are 5 door variants - with the exception of AMD's golf mk5

Edit: I guess the 3 door does look 'sportier', but few would expect a 5 door golf to be comparable to supercharged Ariel atoms; let alone compete with it. It's a strange sight.

It was mainly the stiffness and extra weight that I was thinking about, without knowing the specifics of the Golf's chassis.

Are you going to get a cage? Any chance of a spec list? :)

Full spec list of golf please :)

Any videos of it? Bit of a sleeper I suppose, from afar you'd look at it and think nothing of it, get closer and see the interior and other serious looking bits like the brakes before deciding it's been somewhat tweaked :D

Not sure about fitting a cage just yet, the added safety and rigidity would be most welcome though, the spec list is:

Integrated engineering conrods
Integrated engineering Pcv adaptor
Port matched inlet and head
Supertech stem seals
Newsouth power gasket
Ported & polished turbo manifold
K300 hybrid turbo
1 bar actuator
80mm sfs intake pipe
3" maf
Eurojet race intercooler
3" downpipe
3" decat
3" boost factory catback
3.25" kakimoto backbox
Billet injector seats
Genesis 550cc injectors
Sytec fuel pump
Aem water methanol injection
Forge SAI delete blank
Forge 007p diverter valve
Forge throttle body hose
CTS Turbo throttle body spacer
N112 delete
N249 delete
SAI delete
4" inlet velocity stack air filter
Vf engineering upper engine mounts
Powerflex lower engine mount bush
Superpro lower engine mount bush
Power steering delete
Air con delete
BKR7E 0.028"
Quaife LSD
Spec stage 3 6 puck clutch and pressure plate
13lb steel flywheel
Forge motorsport baffled sump
Stahlbus drain valve
Badger5 live map

Billet shifter bracket bushes
Dieselgeek sigma5 short shifter
Superpro steering rack bush
Usr tubular wishbones
Comp solid top mounts
H2sport hubs
Bilstein B16 pss9 coilovers
25mm neuspeed front antiroll bar
25mm neuspeed rear antiroll bar
Powerflex rear frame bushing
034 motorsport billet subframe bush
Front upper strut brace
Front lower s3 strut brace
NEX 4pot calipers
330mm 2 piece discs
Braided brake lines
ATE Superblue

Corbeau revolution
Corbeau frames
Polycarbonate windows
Momo steering wheel
Momo boss
Battery relocated to the boot
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Bora sport clocks
Bora sport air vents
TRS 4 point harness
Kerb weight 1020kg (+/- 20kg)

There are going to be some rather significant changes to the above list over the next couple of months (there will have to be; I'm fast running out of space in my bedroom the collection of parts for the turbo upgrade and the next brake upgrade sitting around.

56B668BE-911B-4EE8-B38B-22C86CE0EBD6_zpshqz0ykdz.jpg

FB0EC796-6AEA-403C-83BB-C4228AA2B367_zpsytuqrbqd.jpg

96CAD4CF-FC6E-45F2-A5A1-69F88B60F276_zpszltra4us.jpg

0F360CA1-2252-4D8A-BA9D-83BBCE8C88B4_zpsz5gqyd6v.jpg

I don't really have much opportunity to record it, the only video I have of the golf was taken when I first got the car back from it's remap and found an opportunity to test the launch control limiter, photobucket says it's still processing the video so I may try upload it on YouTube when I get a moment free.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom