Show Us Your Motors!

Awful photo, but I thought I'd get the thread back on track with a car with the right fuel and number of cylinders =)
kUjf8qg.jpg
Had the 130 for around 10 months now. Brilliant little car, especially once you ditch the runflats.

Oh noes I'm getting very itchy feet again....must keep current car a little while longer....

Seen a nice LE 130 for sale not too far away yesterday that this has reminded me of -tempted

Fox, when you're in the IS the materials feel much better quality than the pics might suggest. I actually quite like the style of the interior tbh

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;27129923 said:
I'm the complete opposite I'm afraid - I really wish Lexus would stop pratting about and actually build the car they are obviously capable of. Every time we get a new IS they manage to ruin it. The last one had a crap engine range. This one has been styled by somebody who was clearly on a voyage to trip-out city and decided to visit the 80's on the way back whilst doing in the interior.

I mean really, what is going on in there? It's a total mess of bizarre expanses of plastic and a myriad of utterly crap buttons. It looks like a modern version of a 1980's interior. Who the heck thought putting the huge PASSENGER AIR BAG status light in the MIDDLE of the centre console was anything other than an ergonomic disaster? Why is the navigation screen the size of a 2005 Tomtom?

Sort it out Lexus!

You build more reliable cars than the Germans. You have better dealers than the Germans. You have a far better sales experience than the Germans....

... JUST MAKE GOOD CARS!!!£?"?£?$£

This is why there are some many different cars on the market, opinions differ so much, I actually really like the Lexus internally and externally. It looks good and is comfy. I do agree with your comments about the air bag light, that is a little niggle for me, but not enough to cause me to not like the car still.

The analogue clock is old skool and kwirky, I love it, its lights up nicely in the dark too. I went from a BMW 320d M-Sport 11 plate to the Lexus and I prefer the Lexus in every way, bar 1... and that is the in car handsfree kit which is all built in is terrible, every body has told me my voice is crap and like a robot, but other than that the car is far superior in every way.

Seats are comfier, the auto-hybrid engine/gear box is delight and so quiet too, the steering is amazing, and so light and responsive.
The eco mode vs sport mode (which just changes the throttle response) is great and allows 2 excellent modes depending on your driving style of choice at the time. The power is good too, better than the BMW and the cost of fuel per mile is about the same.

Lexus did 49 mpg on a 400 mile round trip yesterday
My 320d would have done about 51mpg on the same trip.
Of course petrol is less per litre so costs are slightly less with the Lexus.

The Lexus has a built in Sat Nav, my 320d did not.
The BMW had BT connectivity for calls via my mobile, but no music streaming to the car.
The Lexus has BT connectivity for calls and music playback.
The BMW didnt have any USB ports for audio playback, the Lexus has 2 USB ports for audio playback.

The Lexus has full leather seats and they are heated, they are far more comfortable for me too.
The aircon for both cars are the same in terms of options/quality etc.

The Lexus looks more aggressive compared to a 320d which to be frank is IN MY OPINION is common and boring! Typical rep mobile car.

The BMW doesnt have fold down rear seats, the Lexus does.

Lexus has folding mirrors too (never had a car with that before so to me its important lol)

I think that the Lexus with its reputation for great reliability and all the above points is why in my opinion makes it a better car.

However saying that in 2 years of having the BMW 320d, I never had a single issue with the car, mechanically etc.

Finally note I still have my 2007 Hawkeye Impreza too though :)

Last edited:
The trouble with that comparison though is that it sounds like your BMW was a very poor specification (My 2008 3 Series had several USB ports and all post 2010 3 Series with Professional navigation have BT connectivity for music playback) plus the E90 3 Series was a low point in 3 Series design and a fairly old car anyway having first come out in 2005.

I quite like that Lexus interior to be honest, the only things I dislike are that orange light in the middle of the dash which has already been mentioned, and the oversized Lexus badge on the steering wheel. Does it really need to be so huge? :p

Nice car Blackhawk, what made you go for the diesel though, out of curiosity, not because I want to bash you for your car choice? :p

And that R8 is going to look incredible JP. I fully expect many nice pictures and maybe a video when you get it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom