Show Us Your Motors!

Sooo, following on from this post : http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27141245&postcount=52634 My local dealer contacted me about doing a Q&A as a bit of a promotional piece, so I suggested going in to the dealer and trying out more of the F Type coupe, expecting a couple of hours driving, but nooo, they insisted I had one for a whole weekend :D So last Friday to Monday I had this!

IMG_20141206_125829_zps284b797a.jpg

Absolutely cracking car, considering how cold and damp it was, could happily push it and chuck it around, very playful, and had a bit of leniency with sport mode on, sound was bloody brilliant too! I couldn't see me getting one over a Cayman though as nice as it was. Was a shame to hand it back on the Monday.

Last drive of the year last weekend before being wrapped up for winter. 4'C, sunny and great with the roof down. Hadn't touched it since starting the new job so it needed a good run out.

I'd happily drive it all year but the gritters are out and as these are rusting away I'd like to keep my one solid for a few years.

Supra is lovely in white, what work is being done to it?

Mostly cosmetic, just want to tidy up the bodykit as it's quite rare, whilst giving it some modern day inspired touches.

(exuse the poor photoshop, but this is what is getting done)

7J5KCNv.gif

• Paint the lower section of rear bumper black
  • Fill in the area on either side of the license plate
  • Relocate fog light to rear lights
  • Install facelift rear lights
  • Change exhaust to something with more angle.
  • Fill in & fix gaps around rear arches + any other paint defects
  • Debadge

eFULsdn.jpg

• Install top secret front bumper
  • Install UK spec headlights

Would you consider a UK plate recess?

Got any examples?

Is it road legal without a foglight?

Most of the Japanese import supras don't come with rear fog lights, but there is a small mod you can do to the rear lights to make the fog light use 1 or 2 of those lights instead, rather than having a separate fog light that needs to be installed somewhere. Not sure if it's road legal to run without one, but you definitely need one to pass MOT

Back
Top Bottom