Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
I drove her properly for the first time yesterday, to the MOT place and back.. Damn it's quick and you can actually go around a corner at more than 30mph without getting under steer like in the Polo.

Although, I did lose a bit of trim. Had to turn around and get it!

5 Stud wheels, has that been wide tracked with the MK3 subframes and rear beam?

Soldato
Such a good-looking car. Turn of the century BMWs were perfection.

Ultimately biased but I utterly agree, the proportions of the E46 coupé are absolutely spot on, from every single angle.

There are few other coupé designs which I think rival it, and for me there's only a few that stand out, they are the Mk1 Ford Capri, Porsche 911 964, and most recently, the Jag F-Type.

My guess is the A5 and GT86 will both age as well as the E46.

E46s are alright, nothing special though.

:p

Eww, E46's! Gross :eek:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
This was my favourite <3

P4250877_zps7c4aa12d.jpg

P4250870_zps82f00a8d.jpg

P4250891_zpse46873ad.jpg

I miss that car. Sounded even better than it looked :(

Associate
Nice!
What's yours running to get that sort of power/torque?

It's a 2.5 sti type UK, had PPP fitted after run in then a miltek 3" turbo back with 100 cell sports cat, Litchfield cold air feed, and a panel filter. (very little in other words)

I have an RCM stainless tubular manifold and up-pipe to go on but saving for a cosworth sump baffle to go on while I'm in there.

ideally needs a map but I'm pretty near the limit of the standard turbo and pistons anyway and the fuelling is still pretty much spot on.

Andy Forrest reckons he can get 360bhp/390lb/ft but at that point the turbo is absolutely on it's limit and I'm still very aware of the ringland issues on the 2.5's so until I can afford a proper forged build it will stay as it is.

Soldato
It's a 2.5 sti type UK, had PPP fitted after run in then a miltek 3" turbo back with 100 cell sports cat, Litchfield cold air feed, and a panel filter. (very little in other words)

I have an RCM stainless tubular manifold and up-pipe to go on but saving for a cosworth sump baffle to go on while I'm in there.

ideally needs a map but I'm pretty near the limit of the standard turbo and pistons anyway and the fuelling is still pretty much spot on.

Andy Forrest reckons he can get 360bhp/390lb/ft but at that point the turbo is absolutely on it's limit and I'm still very aware of the ringland issues on the 2.5's so until I can afford a proper forged build it will stay as it is.

Ah right, mine is standard 296bhp/300lb/ft.
Yeah, my motto was if the ringlands go then it get's fully forged :p

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Soldato
Please don't be one of the folks who is always sitting parked up on the road revving the nuts off his engine to redline!
I must admit that sometimes when I pull into my garage I give it some revs, just to hear the pops on the run down...

I live in the middle of nowhere though, so I doubt that I anger anyone :p

Back
Top Bottom