Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29155815 said:
I thought it had to be registered in its home country to run on those plates? Don't you need to re-register it on German plates if it's no longer registered with the DVLA?

No its a weird system. Its on a system called the BFG net which means its not registered in Germany or DVLA. It keeps the UK plates and DVLA save the reg for when ever it re enters the country.

Soldato
Ah, that could well be it. Is there any way to tell externally? What are the performance figures on yours?

Nope I dont agree with it really but thats life. I think ford has done it to follow in VW's popular GTD etc. Shame they didnt badge it abit differently.

Its 250bhp, 350nm, 6.5sec to 60 and 155mph max.

That Ford looks amazing!

Thanks

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29155586 said:
You must be thinking of the RS - that's an ST.

Awesome that they do it as an estate!

Assuming it's the petrol, a 0-62 of 6.7 secs (5.7 secs with the Montune package) is pretty darn fast for a £24k estate. Silly quick in its class would perhaps have been a better phrase.

Caporegime
New Motor. Picked it up friday. So far super happy with it.

IMG_20160205_112750.jpg

Lovely. Ford have the best front ends design wise in their class at the moment by far (Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo).

Soldato
I really want a Focus ST Estate.

Are they? I encounter a grey hatchback version every few days on the D/C on the way to uni and I always manage to get away from him pretty easily. I remember the first time I encountered him I was genuinely unsure if he'd be quicker than me or not but my car seems significantly quicker, and I'm not sure I'd describe that as silly quick.

I know he's trying too, as he always gives me a quick flash of the lights before he turns off - it's turned into a bit of a ritual now :p

You've got a shed load more power and torque than even the petrol ST though.

Last edited:
Soldato
You've got a shed load more power and torque than even the petrol ST though.

Haha I thought this too. A supercharged Jaguar V8 vs a ST...hmmm.

Well, having seen the figures it would appear I have!

I'm kind of surprised, I thought in this age of Golf R's and 335d's it'd be a bit quicker. Still more than adequate though! :p

Soldato
Aston is looovely

Like the look of the ST estate too - I fancy one of these or a cupra estate in 2 or 3 years. Perfect size for me and a good usable lump of power

Back
Top Bottom