Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
What spec is it?

Aero with Lux pack (adds auto wipers, heated rear seats and power fold mirrors), the upgraded AS3 audio system (9 speaker harman kardon), Bi-Xeonon headlights and 2 tone leather as options. Standard aero spec has dual climate, auto dimming mirrors (wing mirrors too), heated seats, cruise etc anyway. Only thing it doesn't have is the Nav and ventilated seats. The 2 tone leather was actually a more expensive option than the single colour vented and the nav would be pretty crap by todays standards anyway

Soldato
Any scope for fitting a decent in-dash NAV option third-party?

Yes and no.... it can be done, but its a colossal PITA. The amp takes line level inputs but is wired to the speaker connections on the ISO plug - so you either need a converter to drop the levels or solder the RCA out from the head unit onto it. Plus you need to run a wire from the ignition to get a switched live and one from the light switch to get the illumination signal

I have a Pioneer touchscreen CarPlay head unit from my last car sat in the garage but I'm in 2 minds - it was never as slick as I'd wanted and the hassle of doing it puts me off a bit. I'm tempted to just sell the Pioneer and buy a Parrot MKi9200 instead - what's there sounds brilliant so dont want to mess with it too much

Soldato
New Motor. Picked it up friday. So far super happy with it.

IMG_20160205_112750.jpg

Soldato
Are they? I encounter a grey hatchback version every few days on the D/C on the way to uni and I always manage to get away from him pretty easily. I remember the first time I encountered him I was genuinely unsure if he'd be quicker than me or not but my car seems significantly quicker, and I'm not sure I'd describe that as silly quick.

I know he's trying too, as he always gives me a quick flash of the lights before he turns off - it's turned into a bit of a ritual now :p

Soldato
Epic. They are silly quick.

Its got some poke but from what others have said a remap makes quite a difference. I want to do a few bits to it but im only keeping for a year so dont want to waste too much money.

[TW]Fox;29155586 said:
You must be thinking of the RS - that's an ST.

Awesome that they do it as an estate!

Yea the wife wouldnt sign off on a hatch. :rolleyes: Got a pretty high spec so feels quite premium even though its just a focus.

Are they? I encounter a grey hatchback version every few days on the D/C on the way to uni and I always manage to get away from him pretty easily. I remember the first time I encountered him I was genuinely unsure if he'd be quicker than me or not but my car seems significantly quicker, and I'm not sure I'd describe that as silly quick.

I know he's trying too, as he always gives me a quick flash of the lights before he turns off - it's turned into a bit of a ritual now :p

Sure it wasn't a diesel one mate? They are like 70bhp less i think. Look exactly the same though. ST is just a trim level now not a specific model.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
I may have left a mess in the drivers seat of that from Saturday. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

They're pretty reliable other than clutches aren't they?

Soldato
I may have left a mess in the drivers seat of that from Saturday. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

They're pretty reliable other than clutches aren't they?

It's a fantastic little thing, the best bit is that it sounds as good as it looks. :D

The clutch was last done at 31k miles (12k miles ago). It's not easy to use which is part of the problem, it's very heavy and the reverse gear is geared high (it does over 60mph in reverse iirc). Some people get as low as 15k out of them, some get more than 50k, so it's down to the driver. I like to think I'm reasonably mechanically sympathetic!

Soldato
Good deal then :) How does the insurance work?

Car is insured by chassis number and have a choice between a few UK and German insurance companies. Personally Ive gone with a German one as they had best price. Car stays on UK plates but is not registered with the DVLA anymore but will re-register it back with DVLA when I return it back to the UK to sell.

Back
Top Bottom