Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Trickled down tech from F1. It's not a bad thing! If we didn't have small turbo engines most people would still be tootling around in little underpowered cars or smelly old diesel's.

I don't think he's criticising the tech, just that Vauxhall are plastering TURBO on their cars as if to indicate it's some kind of high-performance option.

Soldato
I don't think he's criticising the tech, just that Vauxhall are plastering TURBO on their cars as if to indicate it's some kind of high-performance option.

Yup! Agreed the "turbo" looks silly on most cars never mind a family mpv, looks like the owner crashed into halfrods and bought some ripspeed bits.

Caporegime
Trickled down tech from F1. It's not a bad thing! If we didn't have small turbo engines most people would still be tootling around in little underpowered cars or smelly old diesel's.
How is it trickled down Formula 1 tech? 3 years ago F1 cars were still V8. In fact Fiat's little 1.4 turbos are well over a decade old. EU legislation has brought the age of small capacity turbo engines.

Man of Honour
Few snaps today while out enjoying the nice weather.

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

Associate

Yeah, 100% this. :p May as well name other random objects in the engine bay.

Edit :- Really impressed at how well that dc5 has polished up. I didn't expect it to look so awesome when you showed us the first pics in the yard.

Last edited:

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I see the smart is getting a lot of love...

33xfww4.jpg

We have another!:)
That looks likes a Passion with the optional coloured interior?

Someone mentioned the Twingo earlier and yes, of course it is the same car underpinnings as the Smart.
I must admit it looks better in my eyes than the ForFour, and whilst I have only seen one briefly, they are apparently a little 'cheap' feeling, which they are compared to the Smart.
The Twingo GT though could be good fun at a fraction of the price of the Brabus models...
One thing I am impressed with is the 'grown up' feel of the ForTwo car.

Also someone asked about thr autobox (can't find the post now). So far I've found it to be fine, but I do generally use it in manual mode and just use the paddle change as I prefer more control over the gear selection.
In full auto it can be a bit reluctant to change down in eco mode, and I also found over aggressive in sport.
Still, no clutch which was my reason for thr auto as I have a dodgy leg.

Soldato
Soldato
Been a long time since the Skoda was shown the remotest bit of care on the outside, so it got a quick wash today (it's the West of Scotland and the sun is out so shorts are required whether the temperature has broken double figures or not!)

Back
Top Bottom