Show Us Your Motors!

Only the 2006 onwards CLK500's with the revised engine have 388bhp, as yours is a 53 plate it'll have the 300bhp unit (Might be 306bhp or something like that).

That car has the M113 E50 making 306bhp. The AMG styling could be factory as it was all available as options other than the exhaust tips. Nice car which over in the states for example would indeed be referred to as a CLK500 AMG.

Not an AMG model as such though, much the same thing as BMW's M-Tech models of lower cars vs the actual M-Series cars :)

That car has the M113 E50 making 306bhp. The AMG styling could be factory as it was all available as options other than the exhaust tips.

I think the bodykit stuff was standard on the Sport wasn't it? It's basically like a BMW Sport model, ie looks like the uber version but isn't.

That said I do like the CLK's with AMG styling. Very good looking cars. Guy down the road has a CLK220 CDI Sport, looks fantastic. Shame it has a crap engine.

yeah the car came out like that from the factory. But the exhaust probably not. It isnt an exhaust tip as i looked underneath before to check.

Why are coilovers the latest obsession among ebay modders these days? Everywhere you go people seem to be falling over themselves to fit coilovers to hatchbacks.

Looks a little too low if you ask me.

It's actually lower than it looks underneath. With the TDI lump sitting lower in the car the engine cover is only an inch or so above the ground. Takings it a tad slower over speedbumps solves any scraping :)

[TW]Fox;14725108 said:
Why are coilovers the latest obsession among ebay modders these days? Everywhere you go people seem to be falling over themselves to fit coilovers to hatchbacks.

To try and achieve better handling and to lower the car based on looks...

It's a Seat Ibiza its never going to set the world on fire handling wise and certainly not after you've slamme it so its an inch above the deck.

[TW]Fox;14725142 said:
It's a Seat Ibiza its never going to set the world on fire handling wise and certainly not after you've slamme it so its an inch above the deck.

Nobody said it would. It handles better and looks better i think. After all, if im happy with it, who cares what others think :)

[TW]Fox;14725142 said:

Maybe it just allows much larger range of spring stiffness settings that can be selected and a better damper maybe with remote resevoir than anything copying the OEM shock design can offer?

Although any sensibel spring rates are gonna see some serious use of the bump stops at that ride height :D

Turned over 100000 miles last week:
DSC00903.jpg

Back
Top Bottom