Show Us Your Motors!

They just look like audi center caps thats all.

Didnt mean smoothed, meant debadged, "smoothed" boots look pants IMO

The colour is "Cosmic Green". It's marmite... you either love it or feel nautious!

They're Audi wheels also :) Off a TT.

It's got a mild remap on, an APR one, done at Awesome GTI. Only running about 190BHP but quite economical too so decent balance. Only got a baby turbo though, may change it over time and do some more bits and bobs :)

I did indeed, I've had 2 infact lol both of which are hidden deep within this thread :)

Was it you who bought a 216 non runner and got it going? Still running ok then now tis fixed if so? :D

Last edited:
Yep, that's me.

Took me a while to sort it out, mainly due to having no time to work on it... once I'd put a new cambelt on it fired up first time! God bless Honda and their indestructible engines :D It's very quiet despite suffering from cambelt failure.

Just need to refit the auxiliary belts and fill it with coolant and it'll be ready to move. MOT is due so need to get it in soon.

So far it's cost me £150 for the car, £20 for a new central locking solenoid (door lock seized so couldn't disarm the immobiliser) and a few quid for some CV boots. Can't complain really!

[TW]Fox;14745190 said:
Oh dear, seems I underestimated the frequency with which Golf owners are desperate to pretend they own Audi's these days :(

I'm assuming VW make an identical set (hence your assumption that they were standard) which he wanted, but found those first?

I bought it like that. I'll get some VW centre caps at some point or just smooth and paint whats on there now (mind you I may stick some BMW badges on ;)), I just like the wheels :) Not one for massive Carlos Fandango's personally.

agw, good going there then mate, top job :) A friend of mine bought a 216 coupé with just the single cam honda engine and even that felt pretty urgent compared to my old Corsa. I used to really want a 216 GTI! Bargain motoring there though!

agw, good going there then mate, top job :) A friend of mine bought a 216 coupé with just the single cam honda engine and even that felt pretty urgent compared to my old Corsa. I used to really want a 216 GTI! Bargain motoring there though!

That's the engine in mine :)

Not sure what its like as I've not driven it yet but I'm expecting it to be a lot of fun :D The 420 is fast and wicked to drive but you can't beat a little revvy engine!

The 216 GTi had the DOHC Honda with around 130bhp. Quite an easy swap to put a DOHC head onto the SOHC engine apparently.

Alternator belt is on and had it running for about 20 minutes tonight to bleed the coolant. Just gotta stick the power steering belt on and I'm good to go. I'm sure there'll be a few pictures in a couple of weeks of it on the road :)

Here is one of my vehicles that will soon be hitting the road.

Its a track prepped 205, ive just fittted the 167bhp gti6 engine so this should make for an interesting car.

28012008776.jpg

22012008770.jpg

going into the bodyshop soon for a full respray in white and a new roof skin.

Thanks, im using a pure white 2k paint , direct gloss, so it should be really bright (same paint as in the bay).

Also im high building and flatting back all the trim and painting this antractie with lacqer meaning super shiny trim :).

I have that air filter heat shield ;)

What's the spec? A mate at work used to have a R5 GTT and saying that he's going to get another in the future.

hehe the heatsheilds actually there for a purpose as its sat directly next to the turbo at the moment, going to be relocating it though soon. Its a standard engine with a t25 and around 16psi of boost with fueling to suit, running slightly advanced ignition aswell and the bms downpipe means the turbo spools up very quickly. makes for a fun drive. The r5's are actually my daily run abouts so i cant go to mad with them :P

Back
Top Bottom