Show Us Your Motors!

My Saxo of awesome'ness * has not made an appearance in here yet, so as it was looking vaguely clean today....

In that pic you can see the three changes from standard.... two of which were done by me and the other by the previous (and only other!) owner.... quite restrained for a Saxo!

Don't worry.... the weeds will be meeting car soon!

*this is what I like to refer to it as. Some people have taken to calling it 'The Saxo almost certain death' for some obscure reason...

Last edited:
De-tango and windscreen wiper are all i can spot i think so far!

EDIT - Maybe plates?

Bosch Aerotwin wipers and "Xenon" sidelights (came free with the wipers!) are the ones done by me. The standard wipers were rubbish and needing new blades so I just got a Bosch Aerotwin retro-fit pack instead. :cool:
Plates is a GB sticker over the EU logo, and was done by the other owner.
Side repeaters are stock.

I miss my VTR :(

Wanna swap? ;)

Dude get those alloy weights put on the inside of the alloy! Looks a bit 1980s atm :D

Yea I'll get them moved when it gets new tyres.... but it'd only just had new ones when I got it so that'll be aaages away... a wheel refurb might happen sooner as there's a bit of bubbling on each wheel which annoys me whenever I clean it!

Looking at the prices of these makes me cry, I sold mine for soooooo cheap. :(

I sold my 02 plate VTR with 46k on the clock in good condition for £2k in Sept 2007

Yea that was a fair bit under value! :eek:

Mine had only had one owner before, who were retired, and has only done 40k.... think it's had a bit of an easy life!

Yea that was a fair bit under value! :eek:

Mine had only had one owner before, who were retired, and has only done 40k.... think it's had a bit of an easy life!

Mine had a 40 year old trucker, but was mint when I collected it, apart from it eating front drop links the car was faultless.

I had to get rid as I picked up the GT4 and insurance was running out on the VTR so it had to go quickly.

Nice car Westyfield - best colour you can get a Saxo in imo. Got a VTS now, but the VTR was much easier on the wallet and just as much fun.

vtr.jpg

*sob sob* :(

Last edited:
Mine had a 40 year old trucker, but was mint when I collected it, apart from it eating front drop links the car was faultless.

I had to get rid as I picked up the GT4 and insurance was running out on the VTR so it had to go quickly.

Mine makes a knocking noise when turning tightly or bumps, so I'd guess that's a droplink going/gone?

Nice car Westyfield - best colour you can get a Saxo in imo. Got a VTS now, but the VTR was much easier on the wallet and just as much fun.

[img ]VTR pre crash[/img]

*sob sob* :(
Yea I really like Wicked Red (can I say that in a non-chavy voice?)

Liking the look of yours lowered..... from the other thread that's 40mm on Spax Adjustables yea?

Liking the look of yours lowered..... from the other thread that's 40mm on Spax Adjustables yea?

Certainly is - good kit for the money but treated my new one to a Bilstein Grp N + Faulkner spring setup from Kam Racing... never again will I scrimp on suspension after trying these! :eek:

Certainly is - good kit for the money but treated my new one to a Bilstein Grp N + Faulkner spring setup from Kam Racing... never again will I scrimp on suspension after trying these! :eek:

:cool:....:eek:

I'd had a look at the Bilstein B8 + Faulkner Springs setup but hadn't considered the Grp N's as they're the other side of £500... unless they're worth it?

This is all money I should be saving for Uni / could be spending on drink :(

B8's would be more than ample really, unless you're planning on plenty of track days. Got the Grp N kit off a mate for a steal though. :)

My first port of call would be polybushing the suspension tbh - total pain but once they're fitted you'll wonder how you managed without them!

Back
Top Bottom