Show Us Your Motors!

Probably more than the car is worth. :p :D

No need for this at all
Either come over to belfast sure and say your petty little comments or stick behind the pc screen and be a little keyboard warrior *****

Firstly no personal attacks and if you have to swear then fully star the swear words out!

Do you really get that much stone chip and damage on your bonnet to actually need a car bra or is it because non German paint is somewhat inferior to everything else?

I motorway commute as well as blast around town and the majority of our roads down here have been redone with that loose chip type stone and I've not got any more scuff on my front end than when I got the car (ie: very minimal, you'd not notice without looking insanely up close).

It's a scene thing. Anyone who says otherwise are just kidding themselves.

And lol@souleh, taking offence on behalf of someone and calling someone a ***** on the internet. A true keyboard warrior.

Do you really get that much stone chip and damage on your bonnet to actually need a car bra or is it because non German paint is somewhat inferior to everything else?

I motorway commute as well as blast around town and the majority of our roads down here have been redone with that loose chip type stone and I've not got any more scuff on my front end than when I got the car (ie: very minimal, you'd not notice without looking insanely up close).

It's much harder to see scratches on silver paint. My dads car for example is a 10 year old 7 series in silver with 140-150k on the clock, scratches all over. But only noticeable up close, and still looks clean standing a metre away. My car however is black of the same age but with 50k miles, I don't really have any scratches but do have some stonechips which really do stand out because of the contrast in colour.

Ohh and back on the car bra topic, I agree they seem a bit pointless imo.

I think you said it in jest but it was a perfectly valid point - those things can cost a few hundred quid, and (depending on age), an old Astra isnt going to be worth much (the tat stuck to it doesnt make a difference)

I did say in jest, I didn't mean the Astra was worth £60. :p

As you've said (and I said above), the bras can cost rather a lot. :)

I'd still say to face, as you said, it's in jest and I'm a cheeky sod. :D

Was at the driving range and it was a nice day so why not. ;)
IMG_0301.jpg

[TW]Fox;14926786 said:
Nice mini ruined by the frankly terrible number, what on earth is it for :confused:

Going to probably be taking it off as I have a bit of rust that I need to sort out. I think it would look a lot better with just the white pinstripe down the side. Though I am trying to think about the best way to take it off with leaving any nasty marks or anything like that.

Got any tips? :)

People tend to buy tattier cars with a view to getting £££ knocked off these days, so you'll probably have a hard tme shifting it for much more if you come to it.

Not really, people said the exact same when I sold my old car and I got 3k for it but only because it was in great condition else I'd have gotten 2.8k or less.

People will pay a bit more for something well looked after.

I use stuff that sees through a full year at the very least so not much!

- Collinite 476s wax seal: £15
- Autoglym Super Resin Polish: £8
- Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection: £8
- Bilberry alloy cleaner (mix with water and spray on): £9
- Snow foam: £15
- Chemical guys trim gel: £10
-- £65 for over a years worth of weekly washing :p well less since the waxes and seals are only applied every few months so thay could eaisly last 2 years.

Firstly it was a tongue in cheek comment, seccondly you seem to polish it every five minutes or thats how you come accross in the detailing thread.

Notwithstanding you also seem to wash it a great deal more than the average punter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom