Show Us Your Motors!

Nice GT anim :) Do you post over on celica-club.co.uk?

ianid: They do have a noticeable kick at 6.2k revs but its not as urgent or severe as the VTECs, not slow by any means if you keep it in the right rev range but it does require a bit of work which personally I like.

Here's my T-Sport:

I remember seeing that earlier in the thread and was impressed with what you've done to it then too :)

I dont post on their forum but i do have the occasional browse for inspiration, when i finally get myself back in the black on a regular basis i'm hoping to add some nice touches to the car so i may well be posting there for advice in the new year.

p1020043ub8.jpg

55bhp and 77lb/ft of torque steering madness, second gear y0!

Oh I see.

I wash every weekend unless it's raining or going to rain for sure in which case I skip it until the following weekend.

I polish/wax every few months.

My paint is in most excellent condition.

FWIW I'm not an average punter so you being surprised I wash more than one of those people is a surprise in itself :p

You make £200 or so by spending £65 and spending lots of time cleaning it.
Not worth it imo.
I would want to be making more back on the car than the equivalent wage i get for the total time spent cleaning it.

Perhaps he has nothing better to do. Besides, it seems to be a national hobby to clean your car on a sunday morning, he's just doing it properly. It's not just about the economics, more about the love between man and machine, especially when you've saved for a nice motor.

So just because of that it's not worth keeping your own car clean?

That's the most pathetic excuse to not clean your car I have ever heard :p

I'm sorry but my cars will always be looking like new inside and out, I've been in too many people's cars that just have not been looked after properly and vowed never to have my cars treated the same. 3~ hours on a Sunday cleaning the car is nothing and well worth the effort regardless of anything else.

Plus the compliments your passengers give each time...

Edit*

And yeah, as Alex says, Sunday is carwash day for the majority of men out there, my view is you should clean your own car and do it properly too, not pay some Eastern European to do it cheap or go to a drive through. Of course if your car is just an A>B machine then fine but otherwise there's no excuse other than being lazy!

Last edited:
Did i say its an excuse not to keep it clean? my car gets cleaned, just not religiously on a sunday like yourself.
Having better things to do is lazy?
3 hours on a sunday!! waste of time. you are looking at what, 2 working weeks in total spent leaning (based on a 35 hour week). cleaning a car like you do, for value purposes when it comes to resale time, wouldn't be worth my time :p

paying someone else to clean it is wrong?
do you pay someone to service your car?

Ah but what isn't worth your time is worth mine and I have plenty of the stuff to burn on a Sunday morning ;)

Plenty of people out there that will pay a higher price and are less likely to haggle knowing what they're getting is absolutely mint (I hate saying mint like that, look what you made me do :O).

Anyway, hour figures mean nothing much to me, spending time doing something properly is more important especially my own car which I drive everywhere including client sites for work and hobby!

Last edited:
I'm sorry but my cars will always be looking like new inside and out, I've been in too many people's cars that just have not been looked after properly and vowed never to have my cars treated the same. 3~ hours on a Sunday cleaning the car is nothing and well worth the effort regardless of anything else.

3 hours every Sunday...dude :(

Plus the compliments your passengers give each time...

I get that but I've cleaned it once in the past 3 months, no I'm not trying to be "cool" I clean it when it's dirty and only really hoover inside once every few weeks. Yours seems more of an obsession than a hobby if I'm honest :/.

i have never vacuumed my car, and i bought it july 2008 :p

i took it to an 'american' automatic car wash in july i think and it hasn't been washed since.
waiting for the weather to cool and not rain so i can give it a proper wash.

it lives outside though, and the pain is shot anyway and there's paint missing around the arches, so i can't really be arsed to clean it properly..

i have never vacuumed my car, and i bought it july 2008 :p

i took it to an 'american' automatic car wash in july i think and it hasn't been washed since.
waiting for the weather to cool and not rain so i can give it a proper wash.

it lives outside though, and the pain is shot anyway and there's paint missing around the arches, so i can't really be arsed to clean it properly..

That's the thing, people just can't be arsed. I actually want my stuff to look like new for as long as possible and 3 hours on a Sunday is absolutely nothing. I prioritise my time so that I have those 3 hours just for this purpose.

Sort yourselves out you lazy bums!

mrk, where do you buy your cleaning products from?

- Collinite 476s wax seal: £15
- Autoglym Super Resin Polish: £8
- Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection: £8
- Bilberry alloy cleaner (mix with water and spray on): £9
- Snow foam: £15
- Chemical guys trim gel: £10

cleanyourcar.co.uk or elitecarecare - or halfords if I need something quick (usually interior foam spray or autoglym stuff as they're priced no diff to anywhere else).

Back
Top Bottom