Show Us Your Motors!

Wahey another Coupe owner :) I love mine, such good fun. I'm sure I've missed a thread somwhere but what has happened to the 420? Going in for mods or something more terminal? I do definitely think the Coupe has a nicer line to it, always always loved them!

I've not really posted a separate thread up about the plans for the 420, as tbh, I can't be bothered :p I did post in the 'Car todo list' thread with a few bits but it's nothing terminal.

Still drove absolutely fine until the tax ran out at the end of August. I didn't have any plans to take it off the road, but when the Coupe came up I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to do a bit of work to it and a general tidy up. 250bhp was nice, but not nice enough ;)

The Coupe is nice. Having the Honda engine (which is probably a similar weight to the K series) makes it fun to drive, very light up front and even without any strut braces or polybushes I'd say it'd give the 420 a run for its money through the corners.

Nice colour on yours. I used to have a nightfire red 214 SEi which looked fantastic when clean.

It's next on my list mate. Saving for a set of HSD coilovers :D I need the adjustment as i have a set of double staggard Advans now 16" on the front 17" on the rear.

Advans as in the 3 spokes? If so, this car will be full of win, I keep hearing about how good those HSDs are, from serious drivers too, who have tried a bunch of other coilovers before.

Advans as in the 3 spokes? If so, this car will be full of win, I keep hearing about how good those HSDs are, from serious drivers too, who have tried a bunch of other coilovers before.

Unfortunately not Super Advans.. I would love a set of those in a gun metal colour. They are Advan AVS VS-5's as seen in the last picture. 17" 9j et35 255 on the rear and 16" 8j et 35 225 on the front.

In that last picture the front's are 17's but i ditched them because they felt too heavy and will use the 16"s. I have the buddy clubs on at the moment as the AVS's are getting refurbed.

Yeh i have heard great things about the HSD's and also Ben at driftworks is a great chap so the aftermarket support is there also and they are only in brum so only down the road!

recent one of mine, crappy camera phone

IMAG0011.jpg

I did a basic clean on my car today, nothing special just foam and pressure wash it off again, made some better pics now:

01102009094s.jpg

28092009081s.jpg

01102009100s.jpg

01102009098s.jpg

01102009097s.jpg

01102009096s.jpg

01102009095s.jpg

01102009102s.jpg

My first car... 1996 V40 2.0 16v, ''exclusive'' spec: Climate Control, DSA ( traction control), Cruise control, everything electric, radio/cd/mp3/usb, heated seats n mirrors, side impact airbags, etcetc... 2 Owners ( original owner had it until 18 months ago) and full Volvo serive history.
It even came with a STAX electret adaptor :p.

Last edited:
oh dear. what happened there then? ;)

The menace that was a fence post at home on the drive that hid under the rear wheel arch so wasn't clearly visible in the mirror and I was in a hurry!

Got it fixed last night though

tis-but-a-scratch_no_more.jpg

Pro job for £40 :) Better than the £150 quoted by BMW and £105 by an indy which were quotes just for a "smart repair" and not a proper oven bake job like I had done!

Back
Top Bottom