Show Us Your Motors!

The Coupe is a nice looking car. Lower roof line so looks much much sleeker than the other models.

Fox, as Jonny said this is a Honda engined model. The engine is on the opposite side so to swap (not just mounts, it'd need a lot of re-wiring aswell) it'd need a lot of work. Be much easier to buy a 220 Coupe Turbo with a knackered engine.

But that's not going to happen :) The 420 is great. It's a grandad saloon with tarty wheels... the difference being it doesn't go like a grandad saloon should ;)

I like the wheels off the Coupe. They're MG Straights off the ZR and ZS. The main reason I went for the OZs on the 420 was due to weight, they really don't weigh much at all. If the difference between the OZs and the MG wheels isn't too much, they'll be going on the 420 and I'll sell the OZs.

I think you'll agree, they suit the 400s pretty well...

Rose210608005.jpg

Bought this for my GF in may, since passing my test ive been using it so i bought some car cleaning gear (AutoGlym) shampoo, glass polish and super resin polish.

couple hours later it looked like this..

pict1991small.jpg

pict1993small.jpg

pict1994small.jpg

old wipers were poor so got some bosch areo retro fits instead
pict1998small.jpg

pict2001small.jpg

StevenG

Autotrader isn't the only place to look.

Did you get any knocked off becuase of the damage?

the MOD here in gibraltar auctioned off a load of citroen saxos so they all went for pretty cheap...

the door looks dodgy because it wasn't closed properly i think hah

there are 2 dents either side at the front though :/
and theres some bad rust in the boot

it's only 6 years old which is alright tbh
my m8 bought a 9 year old golf for £4400 the same day, dunno who got the better deal

and theres no numberplate because im re-registering it atm, waiting for a new plate.

was a but dubious posting it because all the other cars here are amazing hah

[TW]Fox;14976738 said:
Were you on a mission to accelerate the rust on your car?!

Thats pretty much what put me off going at first, but then im planning on wire brushing and resealing the underbody soon anyway. 15 years worth of rust already there, a day at the beach can't be too bad.

And yes thats a daewoo nexia, my mates pride. He was unable to find any decent mk2 astra GTEs so he built his own. Nexia is the same shell.

I once took my RC car on a beach like that - it took me 2 months to get it working again :D. Hope your car fares a little better haha.

Id speculate that a few hours on the beach is no different than a few weeks of britians gritted roads at winter. Plus the higher speeds on the roads makes the grit more likely to be flicked up by the tyres.

Wahey another Coupe owner :) I love mine, such good fun. I'm sure I've missed a thread somwhere but what has happened to the 420? Going in for mods or something more terminal? I do definitely think the Coupe has a nicer line to it, always always loved them!

My mate is looking to buy a Coupe Turbo, I'm so jealous, just can't afford to run one at the minute, the bills this one has given me so far are tiny as I've done it all myself.

Haven't posted them in here so why not. My Coupe bought for £650 back in May:

SDC11581.jpg

SDC11583.jpg

SDC11585.jpg

Needs a good machine polish at the minute as the swirls are horrid, just havent got round to doing it. I have washed this car more times in the 4 months I've owned it than I did my Vectra in about 2 years lol. Shows how much more I like this car.

Back
Top Bottom