Show Us Your Motors!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
If it's a solid 328 then go to hell! :D otherwise carry on.
Its solid underneath, just a bit of surface rust started appearing.

+1

Buy a rusty old 323i or a 4 banger thats been engine swapped, or a turbo MX5 or something. No need to buy a straight factory E36 328i to bash it up these days. Won't be too many years now until they are good money to buy.
I went to look at an S14, but it was a total shed so on the way back we saw this pop up. I ended up getting this for cheap, so couldn't say no. :p

So the 328 will be drifted into the nearest kerb like Acme's MX5 in about 72 hours then
Had the car for a month now, tyres were new all round, the rears have probs 2mm tread left. No kerbs were hurt in the making. :p

The colour is montreal blue, apparently its a rare colour? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't know why people get butthurt about 328's being thrashed. I destroyed a mint individual factory lsd model with daft drift shenanigans. It's just a plain old bmw at the end of the day though, drifters seriously harmed the numbers but collectors should be grateful if anything, it has pushed values right up.

Soldato
Yeah they go for unbelievable money now, but I can't help seeing them as a massively overpriced £800 rotbox from about 6 years ago.

Mine was great, but it was great as a cheap car

That one does actually look quite nice....from the single, dark photo

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Spent the afternoon cleaning and inspecting the body. There are some stone chips present along with a few small scratches. Swirls are also present here and there but not too bad, mostly on the drivers side doors and the boot lid. The previous owner looks to have had long nails as they had scratched the **** out of the paint behind the door handles, particularly on the drivers door.

I was intent on going over the car with megs ultimate compound on the more heavily scratched areas following up with autoglym SRP and them chemical guys EZ creme glaze and then topping it off with collinite 476s. After washing it, I realised, I only just had enough time to give it a good going over with SRP and then one coat of collinite. I spent the morning giving the winter wheels another coat of finishkare 1000P sealant. Time I'd have been better off using to do the body of the car instead. I ignored the wheels on the car completely as I'll deal with them once they've been swapped.

It all misted up on the roof and bonnet after the sun set. The windows need some more attention too, probably use some glass polish when I get the chance.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
That one does actually look quite nice....from the single, dark photo

aaaaaaaa-IMG-20181021-140921.jpg

Soldato
If it's genuinely not rusty (it is, you just haven't found it yet) then take the lights and other tat off it, put it back to standard, give it a machine polish and sell it for probably quite a bit more than you paid for it.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Where do you practice?
Considering most tracks near me which allow drifting have closed down, Santa Pod is one of the few local ones that we attend. Apart from that there's one more location, which is private land. But, due to it being used for parking large expensive machinery, were limited to when its available. The other thing is bad surface, which just puts more wear on the cars. :(

I know its an innocent question but its obvious you aren't actually curious and are implying something. Please just be happy and not critical, cynical, accusatory, or otherwise negative. I swear its every single post you make these days. :p

Hows the Bimmer treating you?
He's getting old... :D

*Touch wood* it has been faultless so far, this will probably change with the next few mods as there will be more stress on the chassis. But, I'm slowly doing a bit of preventative maintenance.

BTW Do you know how much these geniune 17" BBS RC041 and RC042 staggered go for?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Minty condition split staggared set with caps, maybe £500+ on a good day. Seen tatty sets with no caps (not sure if staggared) go for £150~ If they're average with caps I'd say try for £300~.

Just depends. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom