Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
7Qo4QBC.jpg

In love with this colour and how much it pops when it’s clean. Means cleaning it every other week at the moment though, most of the time I can get away with a snow foam and rinse but had to get the buckets out today! Worth it though.

4 months with this car and it’s still an event every time I drive it. I rarely ever have the radio or music on these days as I just love that noise :D

Permabanned
New motor
r04j1s.jpg

Man of Honour
One of my neighbours (also work colleague) has one of those - not sure if something is broken (silencer/muffler or whatever wise) but the exhaust/engine noise is ridiculous.

OcUK Staff
I bet that Clio is an absolute hoot to drive. They weigh about the same as an empty packet of cigarettes.

Yes, it really make you drive like a total idiot, but its fun. :D

clio looks really good @Gibbo

they're going up in value too, probably good car to keep around.

Yep no plans on selling, 1 previous owner, 55k miles, totally restored I've probably got the best 172 Cup in the UK, its going nowhere. :)

OcUK Staff
Yeah they weigh about the same as an MX5, mental really.

The 182 is probably quicker than the 197 because of the weight difference I'd wager.

Generally 172 cup and 182 trophy are the fastest, Renault on later model Clio's have to shorten the gearing just to keep 0-60 in the same ball park which can be quite annoying as in 172/182 first gear can put the power down in the dry.
I think 172 cups have being recorded as fast as late 5's to 60 which makes them particular rapid, weight is the enemy and always will be, its why the MX5 is such a blast to drive.

OcUK Staff
Dunno one for sale at the moment with 26k on the clock for 7k.

Edit, tis a phase 1 not 2.

Just checked, values have indeed exploded, this one trumps me on mileage:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renaults...h=item1ccac83709:g:SvwAAOSwI7JcZIfC:rk:3:pf:0

But I think its fair to say mine is better car being totally restored, that will still no doubt be on original suspension etc and has double the amount of owners.

I am just gonna hang onto mine for next few years, see where values go, if I am offered around 10k in a few years, shall probably let it go. :)

Back
Top Bottom