Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
M140i I bought in December.

I've found it feels substantially quicker than my previous M135i, despite what the figures might suggest. Glad the weather is picking up so I can actually enjoy it.

IrCxR4q.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Why you hiding the M5?

I wasn't :confused:

Used the fake bokeh on the iPhone to remove my car from the background, show off how shiny it was :p

Was, because it's been raining since :/

Who wants to look at boring M5s anyway ;)

I didn't touch the photos out of the camera at all - the car was exceptionally red after a clean and looked awesome.

Probably the best clean it's had in its life :(

OcUK Staff
M140i I bought in December.

I've found it feels substantially quicker than my previous M135i, despite what the figures might suggest. Glad the weather is picking up so I can actually enjoy it.

IrCxR4q.jpg.png

Nice!

I suspect the torque and power curves are much stronger, peak figures are not everything.

My Golf R had 366HP, APR and other tuned ones were 400HP, mine was faster at Pod by nearly half a second, never chase numbers. :)

Soldato
So my trusty 320Ci that I've had since 2008 has finally been replaced. Going to miss it. Was my second car and I'm really quite sad to let it go. I regret not waiting when I bought it and getting a 330 but hey ho. Few quick potato photos of it's replacement. As per my other thread I needed a more practical family daily but that was also exciting/interesting. Needs a good clean and detail so excuse the dirt.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gorgeous Merc :)

Nice!

I suspect the torque and power curves are much stronger, peak figures are not everything.

My Golf R had 366HP, APR and other tuned ones were 400HP, mine was faster at Pod by nearly half a second, never chase numbers. :)

Thanks Gibbo! I suspect you are right, in terms of BHP there's little in it, but this is the new B58 engine rather than the old N55, and the characteristics are quite different. The engine is lacking something that the N55 had, perhaps the delivery and drama of the N55 has the B58 licked - but the way that B58 linearly picks up pace, slams you back in your seat, and munches its way to speed is duly impressive.

One particular thing I've noticed is that it feels a little more skittish at the rear, despite running the same tyres as my previous N55. It's not as sure footed, either. Or at least to me. It looks like its on stilts too, so I've given some thought to the idea of some eibach springs, front 25mm and rear 20mm, a lot of folk seem to rave about Motech and that's their go-to setup.

Soldato
Sod spending £30k on a Cayman 981…can get one of these for £25k or less and it has 4 seats !

Even less than 25k...save the rest for fuel!:)

Honestly, I had the same debate and did consider a 981 Cayman (non-s). I just couldn't justify running two cars at the minute when the fun second car would hardly get a run out. Wouldn't in all likelyhood do any trackdays and having a fairly busy job and an 18 month old how often would I get an opportunity for a early morning hoon? Days out will be with the family so getting something reasonably practical made more sense for me. Had my heart set on an estate but I took a liking to this one after seeing it. Completely unmolestered, two owners, FMBSH and non-PPP and on 18's which means more reasonable disks/pads/rubber and ride being good. Also I think it quite understated as too many of the saloons are white, tinted windows and black alloys.

Caporegime
Even less than 25k...save the rest for fuel!:)

Honestly, I had the same debate and did consider a 981 Cayman (non-s). I just couldn't justify running two cars at the minute when the fun second car would hardly get a run out. Wouldn't in all likelyhood do any trackdays and having a fairly busy job and an 18 month old how often would I get an opportunity for a early morning hoon? Days out will be with the family so getting something reasonably practical made more sense for me. Had my heart set on an estate but I took a liking to this one after seeing it. Completely unmolestered, two owners, FMBSH and non-PPP and on 18's which means more reasonable disks/pads/rubber and ride being good. Also I think it quite understated as too many of the saloons are white, tinted windows and black alloys.

£22k !

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903085699557?minimum-badge-engine-size=6.0&model=C CLASS&keywords=C63 AMG&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&transmission=Automatic&advertising-location=at_cars&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&postcode=hr11hb&sort=sponsored&page=1

You are right that it is very understated, I really had no idea these have a V8 in them.

p.s. real exhausts tips!

Soldato
One particular thing I've noticed is that it feels a little more skittish at the rear, despite running the same tyres as my previous N55. It's not as sure footed, either. Or at least to me. It looks like its on stilts too, so I've given some thought to the idea of some eibach springs, front 25mm and rear 20mm, a lot of folk seem to rave about Motech and that's their go-to setup.

Do it! Makes the car look SOOO much better. I took my 140i to Motech the other day and really happy with the outcome......

Ngtni8L.jpg

KxIT0kG.jpg

Soldato
Do it! Makes the car look SOOO much better. I took my 140i to Motech the other day and really happy with the outcome......
Ngtni8L.jpg

KxIT0kG.jpg

Yes, that looks smart mate! Have you had some spacers put in there or are my eyes decieving me?

How do you feel to the improvement of the handling? Does it play well with the adaptive suspension, if you have it? What were the changes in insurance premiums?

Sorry for all the questions, quite keen for this!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I really like the look of the C63, however the interior kills it for me :(

It’s not great, my folks had one from new around 5 years ago now and even when new it just felt dated.

Seats were lovely though and was a great car, borrowed it a lot ;)

Soldato
So my trusty 320Ci that I've had since 2008 has finally been replaced. Going to miss it. Was my second car and I'm really quite sad to let it go. I regret not waiting when I bought it and getting a 330 but hey ho. Few quick potato photos of it's replacement. As per my other thread I needed a more practical family daily but that was also exciting/interesting. Needs a good clean and detail so excuse the dirt.

Very nice. Although I prefer the Wagon.

Its actually on my shortlist.... Thinking this or the Exige 350.

Back
Top Bottom