Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I'm jealous of both the car and that garage. I like cosy little self contained places like that. Honestly, reinstate the top floor and make it into a living room or something up there, stick a bathroom/toilet somewhere, and I'd live in that pretty happily.

Girlfriend wouldn't be too happy though.

Associate
How come you swapped front end over? The modded looking one looks better, put it back on unless those older photos?
Is yours moonrock or silverstone?

I've got a moonrock one, not planning too much mod wise with mine, just got another set of wheels, same design as yours which I prefer and plan to put PS4's on then the wheels it has come with (5 spokes) I am probably going to fit with a Winter set of tyres as I suspect this time next year the Abarth will be gone as plan to probably sell that later this year and just use the two 9000rpm beast.

Garage, barn rules, absolutely enough height there to get a decent ramp in place.

Mines silverstone. I bought the smoothed bumper with the OEM splitter on it - so the first pic I posted was the current set up. Make sure you check for rust inside the rear arches when you get chance. I did mine before Christmas and probably got there just in time. I looked/felt on the test drive but until you take the wheels off and power wash inside the arches you can't tell for sure..
rust.png

Cleaned off & treated with a bunch of Bilt & Hamber products (Deox Gel / Hydrate 80 / Electrox / Epoxy Mastic) so hopefully it won't rust through to the outside.

I'm jealous of both the car and that garage. I like cosy little self contained places like that. Honestly, reinstate the top floor and make it into a living room or something up there, stick a bathroom/toilet somewhere, and I'd live in that pretty happily.

Girlfriend wouldn't be too happy though.

There's still a workshop through the back door of the garage, that still has the upstairs as storage space. Right now it's carpeted with some old carpet from the house and has a couple of leather loungers in storage, so it's pretty much like you've described. Only with a bucket...

OcUK Staff
Mines silverstone. I bought the smoothed bumper with the OEM splitter on it - so the first pic I posted was the current set up. Make sure you check for rust inside the rear arches when you get chance. I did mine before Christmas and probably got there just in time. I looked/felt on the test drive but until you take the wheels off and power wash inside the arches you can't tell for sure..
rust.png

Cleaned off & treated with a bunch of Bilt & Hamber products (Deox Gel / Hydrate 80 / Electrox / Epoxy Mastic) so hopefully it won't rust through to the outside.

There's still a workshop through the back door of the garage, that still has the upstairs as storage space. Right now it's carpeted with some old carpet from the house and has a couple of leather loungers in storage, so it's pretty much like you've described. Only with a bucket...

Had mine on a ramp, they seem fine, but the factory protection is wearing thin so I plant to do the same protect, mine still has the rubber strips attached and as they are still attached and don't seem to be trapping water I shall probably leave those.

Have you got any links for where I can buy what you used please?

Just put an order in with Tegiwa for Honda genuine gearbox oil, differential oil and all the parts I need to rebuilt the shifter assembly along with Honda grease, not that my shifter is bad its spot on but as the grease cost £15 and the shifter assembly parts £20 it makes sense to make it as good as new, that is my plan essentially is to get the car as close as I can when it left factory. Also got a new VTEC filter too and its just had major service, valves and spark plugs done. Got a set of new PS4 coming for the 04/05 17" wheels and later this year will no doubt have to un-seize anything seized and will replace with OEM bushes throughout unless people really recommend something other than OEM that does not impact ride quality badly.

Soldato

Cracking. I'll pack my bags tonight and be round in the morning to move in :p

Associate
Had mine on a ramp, they seem fine, but the factory protection is wearing thin so I plant to do the same protect, mine still has the rubber strips attached and as they are still attached and don't seem to be trapping water I shall probably leave those.

Have you got any links for where I can buy what you used please?

Just put an order in with Tegiwa for Honda genuine gearbox oil, differential oil and all the parts I need to rebuilt the shifter assembly along with Honda grease, not that my shifter is bad its spot on but as the grease cost £15 and the shifter assembly parts £20 it makes sense to make it as good as new, that is my plan essentially is to get the car as close as I can when it left factory. Also got a new VTEC filter too and its just had major service, valves and spark plugs done. Got a set of new PS4 coming for the 04/05 17" wheels and later this year will no doubt have to un-seize anything seized and will replace with OEM bushes throughout unless people really recommend something other than OEM that does not impact ride quality badly.

Mine had the rubber strips still attached, it wasn't until I took them off and properly cleaned underneath them I saw what they were hiding. I got the products direct from Bilt & Hamber and followed this guide on s2ki.

I've had my gearbox oil changed, but noticed it doesn't feel as smooth as when it went in. Might have to look at the shifter assembly if it's only ~£35 for parts.

I don't even want to think about sorting the geometry out yet..

Caporegime
I agree. I had it on my first car 12 years ago when I was 17. I've been looking for a new one for a while now.
I like the plate "S111 AWT" but the spacing and screw placement of dubious legality less so. :p

It will eventually unless you took it back to bare metal before painting it, but it will definitely slow down its progress massively.

OcUK Staff
Mine had the rubber strips still attached, it wasn't until I took them off and properly cleaned underneath them I saw what they were hiding. I got the products direct from Bilt & Hamber and followed this guide on s2ki.

I've had my gearbox oil changed, but noticed it doesn't feel as smooth as when it went in. Might have to look at the shifter assembly if it's only ~£35 for parts.

I don't even want to think about sorting the geometry out yet..

Just grabbed it all from tegiwa, the pivot ball, the other larger plastic piece, spring and Honda grease, I had a discount as know the owner but was like only 10% off and at like £30 ish might as well do it, like I say my car drives perfect, but in my mind after 50k miles and 12 years fresh fluids are not going to do any harm and I am putting in Honda original fluids.

GENUINE HONDA HYPOID REAR DIFF DIFFERENTIAL OIL FLUID 1L 1 LITRE - S2000 0829499901HE 1 £16.66
GENUINE HONDA SHIFT LEVER BALL COLLAR S2000 99-10 54110-S2A-003 1 £8.33
GENUINE HONDA SHIFT PIVOT BALL COVER S2000 99-10 54111-S2A-003 1 £2.33
GENUINE HONDA SHIFTER SPRING PUSH LEVER S2000 AP1 AP2 99-09 54117-S2A-003 1 £5.00
HONDA MTF 3 MANUAL GEARBOX OIL TRANSMISSION FLUID 2L 2 LITRES 08267-99901HE-2 1 £22.00
GENUINE HONDA SUPER HI TEMP UREA GREASE 50G 1.75OZ 08798-9002 1 £12.50
GENUINE HONDA S2000 OIL FILTER 15400-PCX-004 1 £11.00
GENUINE HONDA SUMP PLUG WASHER RING 14MM 94109-14000 1 £0.91
GENUINE HONDA VTEC SOLENOID GASKET S2000 F-SERIES F20C 15825-PCX-015 1 £18.33

That is what I went for, car has new disc, pads and calipers all round, its pretty spotless and will treat arches as per guide and drive it.

Associate
Why do Tesla make their cars like something Fisher Price would make. Have some style! Its got Citroen C4 hub caps by the looks of things.

totally agree, I saw one the other day and thought it was a C4. I guess they went for a design that was so bland that people couldn't say they didnt like it, there isn't anything to dislike, similarly the interior, rather than put an interior in that could be disliked, they just didnt bother with an interior. Its like a sponge cake with no filling, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom