Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
You think Teslas look like Citroen C4s? You need to go to Specsavers...

I am talking about the wheel design. Not sure if it is C4 wheels but very Citroen.

Tesla could have been so revolutionary with their design as they are not compromised by ice constraints. Kind of like a mid engine car having a sloping bonnet.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am talking about the wheel design. Not sure if it is C4 wheels but very Citroen.

Tesla could have been so revolutionary with their design as they are not compromised by ice constraints. Kind of like a mid engine car having a sloping bonnet.

Do any other cars have aerodynamic wheel covers? Genuine question, as I've never seen or heard of them before.

They are constrained by NCAP so cars will always look fairly like cars. The Cybertruck will be a challenge to pass their reqs as-is.

Soldato
similarly the interior, rather than put an interior in that could be disliked, they just didnt bother with an interior. Its like a sponge cake with no filling, enjoy!

I'm not disagreeing with the exterior, it does look like a car. But the interior... have you seen it? It's totally different to any car I've ever seen (within the remits of still being able to drive it, ie steering wheel, pedals, seats).

Soldato
That's a shame so that front slab where a grill used to be is because of NCAP?

I've no idea, my friend knows more because be works at Dyson. Wasn't directly involved in the car project but he's fairly high up and saw all the designs, spec and prototype etc. Similarly you'd expect them to be able to do whatever but 'safety comes first' ie crumple zones, pedestrian safety, chassis construction etc. He took one look at the Cybertruck and commented on the front being a death trap for pedestrians what with the sharp angles et al.

Soldato

Sorry yeah my post was more aimed at Building Candy. I'm not a fan of the wheel covers myself either tbh but they serve a purpose and can be removed.

Soldato
I've no idea, my friend knows more because be works at Dyson. Wasn't directly involved in the car project but he's fairly high up and saw all the designs, spec and prototype etc. Similarly you'd expect them to be able to do whatever but 'safety comes first' ie crumple zones, pedestrian safety, chassis construction etc. He took one look at the Cybertruck and commented on the front being a death trap for pedestrians what with the sharp angles et al.

Trump stopped all the motions to make the federal pedestrian stuff match EU requirements, basically the US tests for a light duty truck are hitting a 100ton wall and small offset barrier tests aswell as other consumer tests that the magazines report out on.

I can see the cyber truck being US market and similar requirements only. EU pedestrian will be near on impossible to meet all the new requirements.

Soldato
It will eventually unless you took it back to bare metal before painting it, but it will definitely slow down its progress massively.

Well then it's a good job that Deox Gel is designed to remove corrosion and go back to bare metal ;)

Would have thought that with your car history Acme, you'd be very familiar with Bilt Hamber products :D

Soldato
Aside from the fact it looks like a doorstop you mean.

Honestly I think in reality, it will look incredible. Can you imagine it amongst the sea of boring SUVs and other guff currently on our roads? I think they'll sell by the bucketload to gangster/footballer types instead of G Wagons. In fact I think it'll go down as a bit of a design icon. But I am a massive Tesla bull so what do I know.

Caporegime
Honestly I think in reality, it will look incredible. Can you imagine it amongst the sea of boring SUVs and other guff currently on our roads? I think they'll sell by the bucketload to gangster/footballer types instead of G Wagons. In fact I think it'll go down as a bit of a design icon. But I am a massive Tesla bull so what do I know.

I think in reality it will look stupid. It has a stupid name too. And in a line up of SUV's which follow a more level headed design language, I think it will still look stupid. :p

We'll see what happens I guess. I fail to see how it will be approved for any markets given its awful pedestrian safety characteristics etc. I think Musk is having a bit of a breakdown and nobody has noticed. :D

Back
Top Bottom