Show Us Your Motors!

[TW]Fox;15543487 said:
I can't beleive how ridiculous that gearstick looks now :(

I'm glad you hate it :D

Was pretty darn worse before, believe me. I could have spent ages trying to find a decent but more than likely costly replacement, I didn't like the OEM shape either as I'm used to my CTR stick and the SAAB is a big gay auto. This was cheap enough and feels much better, plus I quite like it becasue my imagination > my education.

Will be keeping an eye out for something nicer, but the gear change feels so much nicer :)

Been reading this section for a while now, thought I'd post a picture of my current car before joining into future threads.

pa180205a.jpg

It's the 2.7 version, didn't want to stretch to the 3.2 at the time of purchase. Also got a 2002 E46 320D Tourer with 150k on the clock, not the most photogenic car, but will post if interested.

Jack

Cold out there today, was interesting to say the least!

DSC_1362.jpg

DSC_1366.jpg

DSC_1369.jpg

Also fitted these aluminium belled discs the other day, AP 304mm up front and EP 288mm on the rear with Carbon Lorraine pads. The difference over standard is awesome, hardly any effort needed to haul the car down from speed and they work better than OEM from cold :cool:

RIMG0073.jpg

Neil.

OMG it's a Rover. How can it possibly work in this cold weather.

Here's my new one, on the road as of yesterday following some major work

edit... Added some better pictures

420snow_front.jpg

420snow_rear.jpg

420snow_side.jpg

420snow_otherside.jpg

420snow_badge.jpg

420snow_slide.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, red is quite a hard colour to match.

The rear drivers door looks brighter than the rest of the car but it's the rear arches that are documented as having had a respray :confused:

It's not bad to drive though. Quite nice coming from something that has naff all power, I've missed the turbo kick! The gearbox is from an 820 Vitesse (short 1-4, long 5th) which means that even though the boost is set quite low and the engine only producing 170ish bhp, it rips through 1st, 2nd and 3rd quite well yet retains the long 5th for good economy on the motorway.

Last edited:
Looks quite smart that! You should sort out the rusty patch on the rear arch in line with the rub strip though :)

And I bet that bit of skirting/trim at the back of the sill is a nice dirt/moisture trap!

^ i LOVE these. :cool:

last time i saw a C30 on that spec level (looked pretty much identical to yours but in white) i was stood there that long starring the owner spotted me on his way back and had a go! :p

any more pics/info?

Back
Top Bottom