Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Everything BMW has made recently just looks so awkward. Its like they had a competition going to see how many non-consecutive and jarring lines they could add.

Yeah the new 1 series, 4series, x7 etc are all weird looking.

M2 is a good looker in my opinion and with a nice lip spoiler the rear would be very tidy too.

Soldato
My old Primera. Loved that thing. Shame the underside ended up like the Titanic.

ynxGo9a.jpg

aeOi6bc.jpg

sPasuBQ.jpg

I miss my Primera GT I must say. Yea it wasn't that powerful etc but God it was a great car to drive. I had the GT LE version in Nordic Blue. Some subtle mods by me but mostly stock. Made such a lovely sound under hard acceleration but was quiet when you just wanted to potter about.

OcUK Staff
Lovely. Is it a special model? Front bumper looks different from the regular 458?

That is a factory model, only other type is Speciale. Anything none factory is a big no no.
The car is well optioned like my own and the two contrast paint styles make a big improvement to appearance.

Soldato
That is a factory model, only other type is Speciale. Anything none factory is a big no no.
The car is well optioned like my own and the two contrast paint styles make a big improvement to appearance.

Thanks Gibbo, yes its well spec'd within reason. Supposedly its a Atelier car which adds Provence (it was speced at the factory, it has some red stripe on the front carbon and rear diffuser. I thought this was under the lacquer but it turns out its just pinstripe sticker..

Heres a question. I asked the dealer if he can change wheels from another car they had which were non diamond cut, they are just grey. They will move over tyres. Now the picture above makes the diamond cut wheels real nice but in the flesh im not taken back with them. Would they have been a lot extra when new? I am having second thoughts after finding that picture on there FB.. the wheels i went for will bring the color combo the same as this (apart from the seats)
https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/...talia-stratstone_manchester-ZFF67NHC000201564
my car
https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/..._italia-meridien_modena_ltd-ZFF67NHC000185796

Intrested for any feedback as im a bit unsure what to do now. I think given i have grey seats, grey roof , grey side skirts, carbon front bumper bits, carbon interior, carbon rear bumper, grey but just under the rear screen and carbon engine bay the wheels should suit it better

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Thanks Gibbo, yes its well spec'd within reason. Supposedly its a Atelier car which adds Provence (it was speced at the factory, it has some red stripe on the front carbon and rear diffuser. I thought this was under the lacquer but it turns out its just pinstripe sticker..

Heres a question. I asked the dealer if he can change wheels from another car they had which were non diamond cut, they are just grey. They will move over tyres. Now the picture above makes the diamond cut wheels real nice but in the flesh im not taken back with them. Would they have been a lot extra when new? I am having second thoughts after finding that picture on there FB.. the wheels i went for will bring the color combo the same as this (apart from the seats)
https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/...talia-stratstone_manchester-ZFF67NHC000201564
my car
https://preowned.ferrari.com/en/gb/..._italia-meridien_modena_ltd-ZFF67NHC000185796

Intrested for any feedback as im a bit unsure what to do now. I think given i have grey seats, grey roof , grey side skirts, carbon front bumper bits, carbon interior, carbon rear bumper, grey but just under the rear screen and carbon engine bay the wheels should suit it better

Yes same as mine Atelier also means the car has more than £50,000 in optional extras, think total value of extras on mine is £77,000 as the paint options were around 17k.
Diamond cut wheels are bling but also very nice, I personally love them but see where your coming from that your car has a grey/red theme so in some ways make sense to get grey wheels, but you have to do what you want, maybe go diamond cut because changing from diamond cut to grey is easy, but changing grey to diamond cut is more difficult and will cost more.

Like my car is a black and yellow theme and hence I like the black wheels on mine as goes with the theme and keeps car original.

Mine thing is when you get it and just get behind wheel and enjoy it because the 458 is such a thrilling car to drive its in a league of its own, am sure you will love it. Remember if you want more exhaust noise just pull the valves behind rear bumper, just remove diffuser and yank them off gently.

Cannot believe that red car is 150k and is comfort seats, it is a less spec than my car and same price, but its why I got a 458 they have held value amazingly well and during the Covi19 where most other supercars have collapsed in price 458's have risen in value but as you have discovered finding a high spec (Atelier) car is very difficult and they fetch strong money. Enjoy it now and drive it as the ones driven seem to have no issues.

OcUK Staff
Picture of mine from few weeks ago:

7307A607-9A90-4515-807F-6D525857826E.jpeg

Coming onto a year and half ownership and near 10,000 miles and absolutely still love the car so thrilling and so much fun to drive and have zero regrets.

Regy53 as you’ve purchased an authorised dealer car hope to see you on some future Ferrari trips once lockdown is over.

They were taking us to Italy this May to drive F8 around the roads near the factory and following day letting me out in one on the Ferrari test track, gutted it got postponed due to Covid19 but cannot wait time go when all is back to normal.

Soldato
cheers @Gibbo i will likely stick with the grey i think never been fussed over diamond cut i'm sure it will be grand.

After seeing how beautiful your color is i really opened up to yellow and even different shades of red but the deal had to be right also.

My experience with the dealer i suppose was a little less than you would expect given covid times, certainly zero time inside. I wonder how the offers of trips go in terms of order, do you need to be pals with the dealer or is it in the end a Ferrari thing? Would love to do some trips its the reason i bought it for having some fun and also enjoying the ownership

Edited to add it seems mine has the front plate holder installed :( two drill marks to sort out somehow

Caporegime
I wouldn't even attempt to sort it myself on such a car, unless perhaps if it already has some cosmetic blemishes.

A good bodyshop should be able to sort it cheaply to a standard where it is invisible.

OcUK Staff
cheers @Gibbo i will likely stick with the grey i think never been fussed over diamond cut i'm sure it will be grand.

After seeing how beautiful your color is i really opened up to yellow and even different shades of red but the deal had to be right also.

My experience with the dealer i suppose was a little less than you would expect given covid times, certainly zero time inside. I wonder how the offers of trips go in terms of order, do you need to be pals with the dealer or is it in the end a Ferrari thing? Would love to do some trips its the reason i bought it for having some fun and also enjoying the ownership

Edited to add it seems mine has the front plate holder installed :( two drill marks to sort out somehow

Not sure on trips maybe we just get lucky but it seems a dealership thing maybe and the guys and gals at DL are always very friendly and accommodating.

I’d be asking Ferrari to sort the front plate issue they have their own body shops so ask them to sort it ideally.

Back
Top Bottom