Show Us Your Motors!

[TW]Fox;16688093 said:
All the Jap cars round here have a funny symbol on them lately, looks a bit like a hand.

Haha yes, as said that's a shocker sticker. Looks stupid.

As for that leaf badge, I've heard of it before. I usually see the other version of that though on some cars, which means you're a 'veteran' driver, or basically just old. Young people stick it on their cars because they think it means they're experienced. :rolleyes::p

So I guess the equivalent would be a Japanese driver sticking P plates on his car for lots of street cred?

'Yeah, that's right! It stands for professional' :p

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;16689424 said:
Why do you want everyone around you to think you are a newbie who cannot drive? The whole JDM thing is a bit ridiculous.

It means that but how can you say that even though you haven't seen my driving?

Its just for show, the whole JDM thing may be a bit ridiculous, but so is the whole BMW craze for you. ;)

It means that but how can you say that even though you haven't seen my driving?

Why else would you stick a sign in your window intended to warn other motorists of your poor driving?

Its just for show, the whole JDM thing may be a bit ridiculous, but so is the whole BMW craze for you. ;)

Not really, I don't see the BMW owners on here sticking silly signs in German saying 'Warning! New Driver' in the back window?

What's the obsession with trying to make your car look like it would in it's domestic market? Were in the uk, get over it...

It's just a style... Get over it. :rolleyes:

[TW]Fox;16689455 said:
Why else would you stick a sign in your window intended to warn other motorists of your poor driving?

Not really, I don't see the BMW owners on here sticking silly signs in German saying 'Warning! New Driver' in the back window?

If you shown that sign to people, most of them wouldn't even know what it meant.

Oh shi... I forgot that the BMW owners were perfect, sorry pardon me.

Last edited:
Thing is, it's a UK model car. The JDM model would, not surprisingly, come with a square numberplate aperture. Putting a square plate into a UKDM car's oblong aperture is kind of emphasising the non-JDM-ness of one's car.
Having it overlap the edge has to be an ironic touch. It has to be!

It isn't that hard to actually obtain a real live JDM car, though.

Last edited:
No, UKDM isn't cool! (unless perhaps you are in Japan or the US?)

It's only cool to make your car look like it's from a different country.

I have seen 'fake' German plates on UK cars before, they are really UK plates but done in the style of a German one, I'm not sure they are even legal to be honest ...however this is much, much more prevalent in the VW scene than the BMW one. Although I admit I have seen them on a BMW before, but this was a left hand drive E30 M3 ...and it really did look like it was DEDM (would you say that for German domestic?), had to look twice to realise what it actually was.

Last edited:
Finally cleaned the inside of my car out :)

mondeointerior.jpg

Back
Top Bottom