Show Us Your Motors!

That plastic bit on the rear bumper - I thought everyone was starting to do that? I'd imagine paint underneath there gets pebble dashed very quickly on a powerful RWD car. So a necessary evil if that's the reason for it.

Apart from that, it looks pretty good apart from the fact that it's a coupe. If you keep it for five years you'll have kids by then and wish you'd bought a saloon.

That plastic bit on the rear bumper - I thought everyone was starting to do that? I'd imagine paint underneath there gets pebble dashed very quickly on a powerful RWD car. So a necessary evil if that's the reason for it.

Apart from that, it looks pretty good apart from the fact that it's a coupe. If you keep it for five years you'll have kids by then and wish you'd bought a saloon.

Don't think it's anything to do with pebble dashing, it's just plastic by design. It doesn't get scratched or anything. None of the rear diffusers/aprons on any of the rwd cars that family members have (one of them a 730d) get pebbled or anything.

I think it looks nice but not in grey as it is in those pics, needs to be black. I'm sure they're black out the factory though so has that faded?

My e46 is nice and black back there, looks MUCH nicer than the faded ones you see on other e46s on the road. =)

No, it's not anything to do with pebble dashing. Mine's in perfect condition, in fact, it's probably one of the best painted parts left on my car and thats with 275 wide rear tyres throwing up lots of pebbles :D

Damn :( I bet if you back to blacked it (them some new look trim gel on top) to darken it a bit more it would look infinitely better. Grey looks like it's been untreated for many months!

attachment.jpg

Problem?

Just a tad of an assumption to say someone will have kids in 5 years.....and what's to say in 5 years he couldn't afford to change to a M5 or similar :confused:

Seems like an odd comment to make in my view.

It might well work, but it's not easy chucking kids in the back of a coupe. I can understand the point. Especially for someone like Fox, just look at the scuffs on the B pillar plastic.

When I have kids, we're getting a touring in addition to whatever else we drive, with the soul purpose of being a nackered old mule. (the car, not the (soon to be) wife).

They (seats) also do damage to the rear seat bench which never recovers (unless you use the actual BMW seats which channel into the leather grooves). You come away with a permanent seat impression.

Either way, I don't think Fox will be having kids in 5 years. For that to happen, he'd need to have sex ;)

Last edited:
Whilst I agree it is a pain to put kids into the back of a 3door/coupe it is by no means a reason to change cars if you have one that fits your bill perfectly in other respects. Choosing a car 'because in 5 years I may want kids' is even more silly than changing due to kids in my opinion.

Like Lucero I haven't noticed any pebble dashing under the back of our E61... that said we got the dealers to stick rear mud flaps on it as within a week it was chucking up soo much mud & spray.

Bet he has a spreadsheet for that!

Bizarre comments. I have no plans at the moment for kids, if that happens then well it has ISOFIX mountings or i can just sell it and get something else :confused:

Back
Top Bottom