Show Us Your Motors!

This is OcUK motors....this is how it has always been. People refrain from bum kissing etc. as we have our own opinions and like to get information out of people to assist them. If you aren't after that then go to a bum kissing single marque forum.

I dislike visiting single marque forums as they are all extremely biased and are actually of minimal to no use. Here though, whilst it may be harsh sometimes, there are all sorts of opinions and so you can get a lot more information and assistance with all matters.

I think some people are forgetting how hostile the 'poor innocent newbie was' when he was asked if he knew what model his car was... When asked what model his reply was..

i know its an 1.4 litre golf, got it off my gf's step dad really cheap, do i really care what letters come after it? No.

So people take an interest, ask questions and get a response like that. Awesome.

This is OcUK motors....this is how it has always been. People refrain from bum kissing etc. as we have our own opinions and like to get information out of people to assist them. If you aren't after that then go to a bum kissing single marque forum.

I dislike visiting single marque forums as they are all extremely biased and are actually of minimal to no use. Here though, whilst it may be harsh sometimes, there are all sorts of opinions and so you can get a lot more information and assistance with all matters.

I know the deal, I have been here longer than you ;)

It was very clear that this guy wanted to post a picture of his car to get involved but didn't have the knowledge to discuss it any further. It's unusual that someone doesn't know the model etc of their car but it is what it is. Some posters can't leave it at that though and push further for a reaction. I can see why people may think motors is an intimidating place.

Nice to see the gloating when he gets banned as well, heroes.

I know the deal, I have been here longer than you ;)

Great, so you should know exactly how the forum is. Your horse appears to have very long legs, be careful not to fall. ;)

It was very clear that this guy wanted to post a picture of his car to get involved but didn't have the knowledge to discuss it any further. It's unusual that someone doesn't know the model etc of their car but it is what it is. Some posters can't leave it at that though and push further for a reaction. I can see why people may think motors is an intimidating place.

See above.

Nice to see the gloating when he gets banned as well, heroes.

What? It wasn't the 1.4 Golf guy that got banned, it was someone else, and nobody is gloating? :confused:

It was very clear that this guy wanted to post a picture of his car to get involved but didn't have the knowledge to discuss it any further.

He had no interest at all, someone asked what model it was and instead of asking how he could find out - the reply was DO I CARE? NO! That strikes me as belligerent and ignorant, not a reply I'd expect from someone who wants to 'join in'.

What? It wasn't the 1.4 Golf guy that got banned, it was someone else, and nobody is gloating? :confused:

Your right, I made a mistake there. Still, when the other guy went off on one Janesey posted a gif which was equally childish.

He had no interest at all, someone asked what model it was and instead of asking how he could find out - the reply was DO I CARE? NO! That strikes me as belligerent and ignorant, not a reply I'd expect from someone who wants to 'join in'.

Of course he had an interest or he wouldn't have posted an image of his car :confused: Maybe he doesn't care, not is interested in the ins and outs of their cars but perhaps he was just proud of his car and wanted to share it. I don't see the harm in that.

Your right, I made a mistake there. Still, when the other guy went off on one Janesey posted a gif which was equally childish.

Making comments before knowing the facts, why am I not surprised? If someone makes personal insults, I reserve the right to 'taunt' them if they get banned.

Of course he had an interest or he wouldn't have posted an image of his car :confused: Maybe he doesn't care, not is interested in the ins and outs of their cars but perhaps he was just proud of his car and wanted to share it. I don't see the harm in that.

I wouldn't expect you to see the harm in it, I wouldn't expect you to see why the poor innocent newbie could be perceived as being ignorant and hostile.

Thanks to your 3 day resurrection to this pointless arguement, we now have a page of rubbish and lee1101 is banned. I hope you are happy with yourself :)

Last edited:
Making comments before knowing the facts, why am I not surprised? If someone makes personal insults, I reserve the right to 'taunt' them if they get banned.

I can admit when I am wrong :)

I wouldn't expect you to see the harm in it, I wouldn't expect you to see why the poor innocent newbie could be perceived as being ignorant and hostile.

Thanks to your 3 day resurrection to this pointless arguement, we now have a page of rubbish and lee1101 is banned. I hope you are happy with yourself :)

Good one, I'm done with this as I have made my point. He was banned before I posted so let's not be silly now.

P.s. You spelt "argument" wrong.

Good one, I'm done with this as I have made my point. He was banned before I posted so let's not be silly now.

Erm, no. He was banned for quoting my reply to you and calling me a bad name.

P.s. You spelt "argument" wrong.

1kAod.gif

If you're going to be THAT petty...

Your right.

My right what? Anyway, now you've resorted to picking up on spelling errors, we can call this to a close ;)

Last edited:

I'm loath to get drawn into the ******* contest thats going on here but it strikes me that 'I'm not really sure, I don't know much about it' is a better way to share and get involved than 'DO I CARE? NO' and thats its fairly inevitable that the latter is likely to draw a more hostile or probing reaction than the former.

Not that either comment is worth the subsequent half page fight, mind.

Erm, no. He was banned for quoting my reply to you and calling me a bad name.

No, what was "andy" and my username is Adam (I made the font bigger and bold so you can see the difference). My first post was at 9.57am this morning. Maybe now it's your chance to admit you are wrong? :)

My name is Bryan Janes and I was wrong. I can confirm I am terribly bored of this and I'm hoping someone here has some pictures of a car they have just acquired and either know the model name or at least be polite enough to ask how to find out.

Too much text and not enough pics of cars in this thread :D

photo8vp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom