Show Us Your Motors!

Burger Motorsports Juicebox 4, Burger Motorsports Dual Cone Intake, Window Washer meth kit, AR Downpipes, ETS Front Mounted Inter Cooler. Better?

[TW]Fox;23020294 said:
Needs new wheels, obviously fake CSL's are doing it no favours :p

Should have picked up some Genuine OEM alloys for £1800. They're really high quality and definitely don't crack ever... ;)

The CSL style alloys look fantastic on an E90 and are possibly the only alloys that suit it properly. Who cares if they're replicas? They can't be any worse made than the E90 OEM alloys. Not to mention that anyone who pays £2k-£3k for a set of alloys either has too much money, or is needing to be sectioned under the mental health act.

I said obviously fake not just fake :p They don't look quite right because the design is different to that of the CSL wheels but not different enough to not look like its trying to be the same wheel, if that makes sense. It just ends up looking obviously wrong. I think I'd have gone for a different style completely if I wanted to go non-OEM or some CS wheels (Not CSL ones, I agree the price is bonkers) if thats the look you are after.

A faithful replica is one thing but if it isn't done right it doesnt look right IMHO :)

The E9x is a pain to get wheels for, mind. Almost none of the OEM wheels look decent and aftermarket wheels from the established brands are comedy-expensive. Until I got rid of it I had almost convinced myself to buy some fake BBS LM's for my E92 :eek:

Last edited:
£13k car seemed pointless paying so much for originals just to say "they are original CSLs" Will be coming off when it goes.

What was the outcome with your runout test? Did you get it done?

Well obviously they are fake, the centre cap probably gives that away straight away :}
I just couldnt bare to part with that sort of cash for genuine CSLs when i know i will be taking them off when i come to sell it. Been there before, paid a fortune for genuine M3 alloys for the E46 and had them on for 2 weeks, didnt look right and were replaced with LMs. Still got the M3 alloys and nobody wants them.

[TW]Fox;23020696 said:
I said obviously fake not just fake :p They don't look quite right because the design is different to that of the CSL wheels but not different enough to not look like its trying to be the same wheel, if that makes sense.

Yeh, i see what you're saying, but you're speaking from a BMW enthusiast point of view. To 99.99% of people they just look like nice alloys, which could easily be OEM. And imagining that CSL alloys never existed and judging sparky's alloys on merit, they do look good and tasteful.
[TW said:
Fox]A faithful replica is one thing but if it isn't done right it doesnt look right IMHO :)

The E9x is a pain to get wheels for, mind. Almost none of the OEM wheels look decent and aftermarket wheels from the established brands are comedy-expensive.

Indeed. Replicas are the only real way to get tasteful alloys and not have to declare yourself bankrupt. I think the quality of them has improved over the last few years too.

£13k car seemed pointless paying so much for originals just to say "they are original CSLs" Will be coming off when it goes.

What was the outcome with your runout test? Did you get it done?

Run out was done. Wheel was in tollerance. They offered 50%. I managed to convince them that 100% was a much better alternative. Had it fitted at local BMW dealer. Was a palava though. Won't go on about it though as Fox will have a go at me for being mean to poor old BMW :p ;)

car.jpg

Back
Top Bottom