Show Us Your Motors!

[TW]Fox;23051568 said:
Nice though that is I don't think yet another diesel Rover for you is 'something with a bit of a difference' :p

You have had so many of these now, is it really that difficult to find one worth keeping?

To be honest, I've faced a lot of personal issues over the last year or so, and messing about with cars has kept me sane. Now stuff is better, I thought it'd be the sensible thing to find a nice, clean and reliable car to keep for a while.

I absolutely adore it, there's nothing I don't like (well, don't really do cream interiors but it's not so bad I suppose) and I'm not planning on getting rid. Compared to my old 75 Estate it's like a brand new car.

It's a difference in that it's not pov spec, going to fit the BM54 radio tuner and possibly the 16:9 screen, and then leave it. Oh, and get rid of the ditch finders - Sport Contact 2/3 seem to be the tyre of choice for these cars.

My grandad has one of those, they are actually pretty nice cars. £500? :eek:

£537 all in, has 2 months MOT and a month's tax.

Needs one new tyre and the back box is pretty rusty, but gave it a quick once over and it's all 100%.

I'm pretty pleased, been through all electrical functions and everything works. Sat Nav was shocking in the year 2000 though :p

£537 all in, has 2 months MOT and a month's tax.

Needs one new tyre and the back box is pretty rusty, but gave it a quick once over and it's all 100%.

I'm pretty pleased, been through all electrical functions and everything works. Sat Nav was shocking in the year 2000 though :p

Jesus, £537 :eek:

Congrats, i do like the threads you have done on repairing your Rovers - very interesting for those of us who like tinkering!

I love bargains like this. Look at it! £500 for an entire car with leather, 8 speakers, sat nav etc etc. That's just mental!

Congrats, i do like the threads you have done on repairing your Rovers - very interesting for those of us who like tinkering!

Me too, was kind of hoping he would get a 2.1TD 406 and do a thread detailing how to remove clean and refit egr & inlet :p

Also like the car, looks like it was worth the extra 225 quid more than my 406 cost :) What bhp does it have, about 130 iirc?

Cheers guys :)

It's a 135BHP, it's had the XPower Upgrade from 114 (lol) so it's not too bad.

Don't know if I'll bother remapping it, it'd be such a lovely car to have 160BHP and 280lb/ft of torque, just don't want to go down the expensive road of things starting to fail / leak. :p

Just taken it out for a quick spin, and even though it's the good old M47 engine it's still silky smooth.

Kind of feel like I stole it really, I guess I got lucky.

No idea what, if anything, I should do to it. Fitting a set of Nightbreakers is about as far as I've got on the list.

Jesus, £537 :eek:

I love bargains like this. Look at it! £500 for an entire car with leather, 8 speakers, sat nav etc etc. That's just mental!

Indeed, I still can't quite believe how much metal £500 buys. Especially a relatively modern turbo diesel - it's not like it's going to sink me with fuel bills either.

New sticker :D

IMG_1556.jpg

Maggot from Goldie Looking Chain?

Back
Top Bottom