Show Us Your Motors!

As much as we like to berate him for buying Rovers, that 75 is an excellent bargain. I'm quite impressed. As long as it is as mechanically sound as he says.

Now Mat, for goodness sake keep this one, and personally I wouldn't bother remapping it. Just look after it!!

As much as we like to berate him for buying Rovers, that 75 is an excellent bargain. I'm quite impressed. As long as it is as mechanically sound as he says.

Now Mat, for goodness sake keep this one, and personally I wouldn't bother remapping it. Just look after it!!

Cheers, I think that's the way I'll be going. I of course have no idea if it's about to chuck a massive bill at me, but it's had the main one (clutch system) done, just 2x fuel pumps and injectors to worry about. :p

A rear fuel pump is about £90, a front about £75 and injectors are £150 to refurb... or a tenner from a scrapyard. I'm not too worried :p

Cheers, I think that's the way I'll be going. I of course have no idea if it's about to chuck a massive bill at me, but it's had the main one (clutch system) done, just 2x fuel pumps and injectors to worry about. :p

A rear fuel pump is about £90, a front about £75 and injectors are £150 to refurb... or a tenner from a scrapyard. I'm not too worried :p

You still knocking about in Padiham? I'll have to check out this 500 quid bargain!

You still knocking about in Padiham? I'll have to check out this 500 quid bargain!

Now living near Southport, I had to escape. After 2 people crashing into my last 75 and not letting me know, I knew it was time to leave.

If you're ever about give us a shout, I'm pretty sure this motor is up to some scrutiny :D

Just cleaned out the plenums, checked all injectors and cooling system over - needed the plain water (!) replaced with proper antifreeze, but all done now. No wet patches around anything under the bonnet, no diesel leaks and it's all lovely and clean.

Also got it insured today, and took it for a proper spin. MPG is appalling (MAF out of spec and needs a new intercooler O ring as it's losing a bit of boost, they're £3) but it drives absolutely spot on.

26MPG from a diesel... yeah. :p

Bit of a VW / Audi fan myself.

My last car was an A4 Cabriolet, and my wife had a VW Gti.. Bought my new CC in Feb this yr, and bought my wife a new 2013 Tiguan SEL Compact SUV this weekend. Admittedly, she's got the nicer motor than me though...

img0338rg.jpg

img0321fu.jpg

You can pick up the 16:9 monitor for the 75s (for the equivalent E46/E39) from ebay and it will plug and play into the 75 if you have the Mk4 computer in the rear :) Great value buy

E39 ones won't fit, but you don't need a Mk4 either, Mk3 is sufficient to drive the 16:9.

[TW]Fox;23061643 said:
E39 ones won't fit, but you don't need a Mk4 either, Mk3 is sufficient to drive the 16:9.

Brilliant! I'll keep my eye out for a 16:9 E46 unit, the one fitted does the job - but widescreen is always better.

Took it for it's first 100 mile jaunt this evening, cruise control and just, well, everything made it so effortless. I guess this is what owning a 'proper' car feels like - kick back, cruise on 85 (kmh of course :p ) and some good tunes on along with climate set to 22 and heated seats.

Well chuffed.

Back
Top Bottom