Show Us Your Motors!

No, but I'm sure he could have bought an E9X M3 with change though. So he had the opportunity. An opportunity that not many people have, but would like, and might have bought an M3 or 335i instead, hence the comment.

That makes no sense. It's a company car, he's just paying BIK :confused:

Nice A3 Vert :)
At least you waited for the new model and didn't get a 62 plate outgoing model.

I'm surprised Audi released the 3 door version first, surely they sell more 5 door models and have lost sales to BMW.

Nice A3 Vert :)
At least you waited for the new model and didn't get a 62 plate outgoing model.

I've seen a surprising number of old shape (8P) A3s on 62 plates. Either they must have got an amazing deal on the outgoing model, or they weren't prepared to wait for the Sportback, or they're just idiots :D

I'm surprised Audi released the 3 door version first, surely they sell more 5 door models and have lost sales to BMW.

As said above, they've always done it this way for some reason, although I don't know exactly why. I've always had 3-door models as I very rarely have anyone in the back and appreciate the larger front doors.

Really like that A3 including the interior. interior is always a funny subject as no matter the car you will ALWAYS get somebody pipe up going "urgghhhh that interior is the most disgusting thing on earth". For some reason it seems to crop up much more than people criticising the outside appearance of a car too. Just an observation I've made whilst flicking through motors over the years. Anyways lovely car Vertigo.

Interiors are a very subjective and personal thing and everyone seems to be different.

It's actually one of the main reasons I like Audis above BMWs or Mercs, as I just can't stand the interior design of the latter two marques.

I'm sorry, I posted that before I'd read it was a company car.

Forgiven?

Not really, no - even if it was a private purchase is the sort of person who would even consider a brand new 2.0 TDI A3 likely to have the priorities that would mean a 5 year old M3 would be a reasonable alternative?

[TW]Fox;23088756 said:
Not really, no - even if it was a private purchase is the sort of person who would even consider a brand new 2.0 TDI A3 likely to have the priorities that would mean a 5 year old M3 would be a reasonable alternative?

You're right... Please forgive me?

You would have bought an A3 TDI with £25-30k, right? ;)

FWIW, neither would I, but then it's not my money :)

Of course I could take a cash alternative which, in addition to the tax I'd save, would give me a fair bit to play with to get my own car, plus I'd have more flexibility in terms of used cars or ones with high emissions which aren't economical to run as a company car.

But frankly, unless you specifically want a car which isn't viable as a company car, there's little in it financially and I value the totally hassle-free nature of company cars and not having to bother with insurance, road tax, servicing, tyres etc etc.

It snowed

clio_snow.jpg

(Yesterday)

Back
Top Bottom