Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
So I used it for the first time today since November 4th!

563573_10152334081125261_149990429_n.jpg

Whilst the massive arguments are still ongoing with the insurance company nothing is stopping me driving it (well the exhaust is annoying and stinks but I'm getting on with it)

Felt nice to drive my own car again!

Caporegime
Good call, great cars if handling isn't a priority. Am loving being back in a saab myself

I've had it for almost a year now. I've had the remap done on it by 'SaabNoob' over on uksaabs, goes very well indeed.

I'm looking into other possible mods for improvement without spending silly money. I'm very happy with the way it is now, but these respond quite well to modding and I plan to keep it for a while yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had it for almost a year now. I've had the remap done on it by 'SaabNoob' over on uksaabs, goes very well indeed.

Been a while since I've been around here, been out of the loop lol

Assume its the 2.0T? What sort of power did the remap give you?

I dont know if your drivers seat offside bolster is sagging - both of mine were, seems to be a common problem. Had mine sorted by a trimmer, only cost £65 and made it so much more supportive and comfortable.

Have to admit I do miss the quirkier nature of the prefacelift interior, but it was a bit of a wall of plastic and the impossible to replace stereo was a bit of a pain.

These make such good buys these days

Caporegime
Been a while since I've been around here, been out of the loop lol

Assume its the 2.0T? What sort of power did the remap give you?

I dont know if your drivers seat offside bolster is sagging - both of mine were, seems to be a common problem. Had mine sorted by a trimmer, only cost £65 and made it so much more supportive and comfortable.

Have to admit I do miss the quirkier nature of the prefacelift interior, but it was a bit of a wall of plastic and the impossible to replace stereo was a bit of a pain.

These make such good buys these days

The remap cost £70 and it took me to 250ishbhp - I haven't had it dyno'd but that is what everybody claims the difference is.

Yes mine is, mainly on the lower part of the seat...interesting to hear you can get it sorted for not much though, did they do the whole seat or fix just the bolster?

Things that I need to sort that are broken are:

Cruise control - As far as I know it's just a knackered stalk, replacement is £15
A/C - Needs a regas
Coilpacks - Other priorities with my house have held me back doing this but it's got a flipping annoying misfire.
Front splitter - The current one is annihilated :D, needs replacing...but thats just me being picky.

I'm also told that the seat heating elements are in all the seats regardless of if you picked the heated seat option or not, so a climate control unit with the heated seat buttons will give you that apparently, so at some point I'll switch it over...but it is in no way a priority.

Also, at some point I'll go through revamping the suspension bits that wear, sway bar links etc, especially as its done 144k now.

Soldato
The remap cost £70 and it took me to 250ishbhp - I haven't had it dyno'd but that is what everybody claims the difference is.

Yes mine is, mainly on the lower part of the seat...interesting to hear you can get it sorted for not much though, did they do the whole seat or fix just the bolster?

Things that I need to sort that are broken are:

Cruise control - As far as I know it's just a knackered stalk, replacement is £15
A/C - Needs a regas
Coilpacks - Other priorities with my house have held me back doing this but it's got a flipping annoying misfire.
Front splitter - The current one is annihilated :D, needs replacing...but thats just me being picky.

I'm also told that the seat heating elements are in all the seats regardless of if you picked the heated seat option or not, so a climate control unit with the heated seat buttons will give you that apparently, so at some point I'll switch it over...but it is in no way a priority.

Also, at some point I'll go through revamping the suspension bits that wear, sway bar links etc, especially as its done 144k now.

Yeah I was surprised at how cheap it was to fix the seat. They removed it from the car, removed the leather from the base and carved a new foam bolster out of firmer foam. Well worth 65 quid.

Those splitters are a PITA - on my old black Aero the previous owner had it painted in stonechip rather than the standard pearlescent black. It didnt stick out to much but did seem to stop it getting damaged as badly.

Very interesting about the heated seats, I wonder if that applies to the facelift ones too. Having a diesel now means it warms up incredibly slowly so I'd love heated seats!

These cars do seem to go on for a very long time and they dont cost a lot to work on, I dont imagine this will be my last saab!

Caporegime
Yeah I was surprised at how cheap it was to fix the seat. They removed it from the car, removed the leather from the base and carved a new foam bolster out of firmer foam. Well worth 65 quid.

Those splitters are a PITA - on my old black Aero the previous owner had it painted in stonechip rather than the standard pearlescent black. It didnt stick out to much but did seem to stop it getting damaged as badly.

Very interesting about the heated seats, I wonder if that applies to the facelift ones too. Having a diesel now means it warms up incredibly slowly so I'd love heated seats!

These cars do seem to go on for a very long time and they dont cost a lot to work on, I dont imagine this will be my last saab!

It'd be nice to get the middle inserts done on mine with a leather, may look up a trimmer!

Also what I did see, Abbott Racing (only noticed this last night) offer a steering wheel retrim service, I have emailed them asking for more detail...mine looks a bit worn now but if its not massive amounts then it won't hurt :)

What I like about them is how easy it is to work on!

Back
Top Bottom