Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
How in the world does having a roof rack make a car look 'cool' these days? also not a fan of those wheels, everyone seems to have a similar set.

Tis a nice car though, Seat did a great job, you've just undone that good job.

Associate
^taken in bluewater by any chance? I really like the car btw, although I agree with the others about the stickers, would look a lot better without them IMO

Yeh went to visit a friend and needed a few pictures for a blog and liked the backdrop :) never been there before.

How in the world does having a roof rack make a car look 'cool' these days? also not a fan of those wheels, everyone seems to have a similar set.

Yeh I actually use this quite a lot so wasn't just bought for the look of it. :p

Associate
[TW]Fox;23518928 said:
Is it on one of those Seat PCP deals?

Yeh it is on finance but finishes the middle of this year. Then puting it back to standard, selling up and buying a mk2 leon as a daily and mk2 golf as a project/show car.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I thought people stuck loads of pish stickers all over a body panel on crappy old 90's VWs to hide rust or a different coloured wing not applied to a new leased Ibiza.

Chav crap! And at least some of the awful fibreglass creations from last decades boy racers showed some originality!

I'm guessing the roofrack is part of this style too? Apologies if not, I've got a nice thule one on my car too for lugging the mtb about!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Exploring over Christmas. Full winter mode.

828e16dc550411e2af5a22000a9f18fb_7.jpg

How long have you had the S4?

They've caught my interest but I don't think I could justify the V8 MPG.
What are you averaging? (man/aut)?

Soldato
tbf to the Euro Scene etc, its a whole big improvement to the 80s/90's Barry scene for sure!

Nice splits, but they really dont suit the Leon, the ride must be terrible. :)

Deep dish alloys, stickers, yellow fogs and wind deflectors i think you have your VAG/Jap scene mixed up :p

Soldato
Yeah, it's VAG group but...it's still a seat...no need for the lei, fake splits and other silly scene tomfoolery.

I like scene dubs but the seat just doesn't do anything for me...maybe...it's just not down and out enough for me. :(

Soldato
How long have you had the S4?

They've caught my interest but I don't think I could justify the V8 MPG.
What are you averaging? (man/aut)?

I've had it since last August. Long trip says over 90hrs of driving I have got about 18MPG.

What that actually means, who knows. It's a manual, and like most cars, for short journeys you'll never see a great MPG, and I get about 15mpg over short journeys. My 6km drive to work this morning I averaged 14.8MPG according to what I'm told anyway.
Long journeys I can get about 21-24, but realistically, it will be about 21 at 70-80mph, 18MPG more spirited.

I did 17.8MPG with the box on, my ultra efficient whispbar roof bars, over 150 miles averaging about a ton.

I wouldn't change it though, at all. I knew it would never be an economical car but don't care. It doesn't handle like a car of it's size at all and the grip is phenomenal (in all conditions). It's prefect for the family, yet I can still hang it out on roundabouts :p

Caporegime
Ahh i do have a soft spot for the s14's :p bit of a guilty pleasure.

yep here you go,

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz325/PuffDaddy222/2012-12-08150043.jpg

[IMG]http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz325/PuffDaddy222/2012-12-08150739.jpg[/QUOTE]

Who would have thought 2 god awful Seat's existed. Yet you manage to picture them both.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
2012-12-08150043.jpg

I like it from that view, lose those wing stickers though.

How in the world does having a roof rack make a car look 'cool' these days?

I think it's to infer that the driver goes Snowboarding/Surfing which makes you instantly cool. :D

* I refer to my earlier comment about being old & probably wrong* :p

Associate
my cupra had 17"s on as standard. Car just needs to be lowered a tiny bit for them to look bang on imo.

Yep that is coming soon just saving for decent coilovers.

The Seat looks good apart from 2 things, the sticker bomb wing and the wheels. The wheels look rather large for the car, are they 17's?

They are 17"s but it came with 17" Seat Saga's as standard so no difference in the diameter of them. Dish makes them look bigger.

And to answer the roof rack question. I do use it all the time for my bike and surfboards in the summer :)

Last edited:
Associate
Bought this as a temporary car for banger money. It's a 1999 Rover 820 Vitesse Sport Fastback.
2.0 litre petrol turbo charged engine, 200 bhp, 101,000 miles.

Bodywork is excellent with the exception of some flaking to the chrome side strip on the drivers door and a small 50p sized rust patch on the bottom of the right rear door. The interior is pretty much mint, barely any wear on the black half leather Recaros.

Other things to note are the original 17" Vitesse alloys which are in excellent condition with just light kerbing to them, with a spare fifth alloy in the boot on a brand new tyre. It has a nice sounding (but not intrusive) 3" cat-back exhaust system in stainless steel (Mongoose I think) with a twin exit back-box, atmospheric dump valve and a decent Alpine CD head unit.

It has digital climate control, front fog lights, electric sunroof, x4 electric windows, electric mirrors and electric boot & fuel flap release which all work, with the exception of the front passenger window which sticks a bit.

Apart from the CD head unit and exhaust it's completely standard. It's very quick and a real pleasure to drive.

Video clip of it here, taken by the previous owner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGuA0jKhkxo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom