Show Us Your Motors!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Interior condition looks amazing on that, just like i remember them when in the shiny Rover showroom with my dad in the mid 90's :D

Soldato
Last two pages that E36, how do they still look so good?

Not seen a Vitesse for years, those Recaros are awesome

I have nothing good to say about the Ibiza or anything scene for that matter for the same reasons as to why I dont queue up to go in Hollister

Associate
Bought this as a temporary car for banger money. It's a 1999 Rover 820 Vitesse Sport Fastback.
2.0 litre petrol turbo charged engine, 200 bhp, 101,000 miles.

Bodywork is excellent with the exception of some flaking to the chrome side strip on the drivers door and a small 50p sized rust patch on the bottom of the right rear door. The interior is pretty much mint, barely any wear on the black half leather Recaros.

Other things to note are the original 17" Vitesse alloys which are in excellent condition with just light kerbing to them, with a spare fifth alloy in the boot on a brand new tyre. It has a nice sounding (but not intrusive) 3" cat-back exhaust system in stainless steel (Mongoose I think) with a twin exit back-box, atmospheric dump valve and a decent Alpine CD head unit.

It has digital climate control, front fog lights, electric sunroof, x4 electric windows, electric mirrors and electric boot & fuel flap release which all work, with the exception of the front passenger window which sticks a bit.

Apart from the CD head unit and exhaust it's completely standard. It's very quick and a real pleasure to drive.

Video clip of it here, taken by the previous owner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGuA0jKhkxo

Looks and sounds in great condition!
What's the little red clamp on the battery?

Soldato
Steve, did you buy that from a guy called Paul up near Preston/Southport?

Looks lovely though! Not many left in that sort of condition.

I have 820 Vitty seats in my green 420. The little Recaro stitching adds a nice touch :)

Soldato
Ahh, gotya. I didn't get the chance to see the Vit but did see Paul's Metro on a couple of occasions.

He's got a Mazda 3 MPS now which I believe has spent more time in the garage than in his possession. Should have kept the Rover tbh ;)

I see you've had a couple of MGs before the 820 Steve. How long is it likely to be in your hands for? You know it's not terribly difficult to get the T16 to ~250bhp ;)

Back
Top Bottom