Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Mines the one up back with the 4x4 ride height. :p About 25 motors showed up in all but of course the German had to turn up early & put a towel down. :rolleyes: + :D

I knew I recognised your car from somewhere :p didn't cross my mind at the time that it was ocuk.

I was in the supercharged merlot (purple one). Was nice to meet you and have a chat.

Associate
Just before the snow..
hvntit.jpg

Associate
Picked up my new car yesterday. It's an MG ZT 160+ 1.8T.

'54' plate
Ignition blue
67k miles
3 months tax
10 months MOT (no advisories)

Car has all the usual + extras such as ATC dual zone climate control, electric rear windows, boot mounted “lip” spoiler ect, but in addition to this it has the message centre highline instrument pack, power-fold mirrors and heated front seats.

Receipt present for an up-rated multi layer head gasket, timing belt, water pump, inlet & exhaust gaskets and thermostat in 2011. It has the orange clip fitted to the fuel filter housing and also fitted is a metal T on the coolant hose to replace the fragile plastic one. Amongst many other receipts is one for a new exhaust system also in 2011. Service indicator showing over 8,000 miles until the next one is due.

Bodywork is in excellent condition and can’t see any dents or scratches. All front bulbs have been upgraded to either LED or Xenon. All four 18" gridspoke alloys have recently been refurbished along with new bolts and centre caps and there’s a receipt for £290 for this work. New rear discs and pads fitted and all 4 tyres are new.

Interior is spotless with no wear to the seats and it has the rare grey marble effect dash inserts. It has the factory fitted Kenwood stereo which is connected up to the 6 CD multi-changer in the boot with working steering wheel controls although i'll be putting in my Pioneer system shortly.

The car is a stunning example and has been lovingly cared for by the previous owner and the receipts that came with it total more than £1600, which is pretty much what I paid for it. The 80 mile trip home in it was a pleasure and the car felt fantastic with the computer showing 37.5 MPG for the journey.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I knew I recognised your car from somewhere :p didn't cross my mind at the time that it was ocuk.

I was in the supercharged merlot (purple one). Was nice to meet you and have a chat.

Stone me, What's the chances of that. :p

My pic of bLuEuKs 5 & my fave coloured 5 of the day.

Gorgeous colour. :cool:

Nice to meet you mate. :)

Associate
Wow, lots of car for very little money on that MG!

Definately.

Not going to bang on about it but having owned several MG Rovers I know that many are put off by the MG badge, fears there are no parts available and of head gasket and reliability woes.. This means you can pick these up very cheaply indeed. If you can find one that's been looked after, serviced at the correct intervals and had the up-rated head gasket kit put in it (like mine) then they are a real bargain.

Soldato
Definately.

Not going to bang on about it but having owned several MG Rovers I know that many are put off by the MG badge, fears there are no parts available and of head gasket and reliability woes.. This means you can pick these up very cheaply indeed. If you can find one that's been looked after, serviced at the correct intervals and had the up-rated head gasket kit put in it (like mine) then they are a real bargain.

There are tonnes of replacement parts been thrown out of China and still a few MG garages around the UK, Brown & Gammons being one - http://www.ukmgparts.com/

Totally pick up a few MG/Rover bargains worth having still.

Associate
Yeah there are loads of cheap parts readily available. Would be difficult to pick up a car of similar age, mileage and spec for around £1500.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The only problem i find with keyless is that my keys go flat in around 6 months :( Your key might charge when it is inserted though, and it will probably warn you when the key battery gets low anyway.

Associate
The only problem i find with keyless is that my keys go flat in around 6 months :( Your key might charge when it is inserted though, and it will probably warn you when the key battery gets low anyway.

My Golfs key is still fine after 15 months with no charging, and I only ever use the same one.

Back
Top Bottom