Show Us Your Motors!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
What's with the off-road wheels & tyres combo on the MX-5? :p

:D Mish mash suspension & 185/60/14's but uber sexy Rotas grids.

Changed today to Koni adjustable lowering springs/shocks all round. Next thing is dropping the tyres to 185/50/14's & then getting a proper alignment done.
Don't worry I'm moving in the right direction just slowly. :D

Associate
Had this little guy since Oct 28th:

523094_10151585949451055_1151038998_n.jpg

'91 Eunos, has caused me to buy tools and spend much of my time driving around aimlessly. It's also made me very concious of the weather forecast!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Had this little guy since Oct 28th:

'91 Eunos, has caused me to buy tools and spend much of my time driving around aimlessly. It's also made me very concious of the weather forecast!
Lovely, Mines now sitting a bit lower than yours at the front & a bit higher at the back although yours is probably sitting up at the front coz of the slope. I got a set of ratchet spanners for the car as it's nice to slip the ratchet end on a hard to reach nut & with 72 clicks you can just wiggle it in a small area to undo the nut.
These little cars get right in your blood though, All I've done since getting mine is either read about them work on mine or talk about them. I've been to a local Phoenix 5's meet a Tech day & we're all off to Donny Sunday, I'm going to spectate this time so I can get a good idea of what's needed before I attempt a Track day. On top of that my 5 isn't ready for the track yet. Jobs to do, Jobs to do. :p

I'd really lost my love of motoring but the 5 has given me back that buzz & love for driving again, I use any excuse to get out in the motor & randomly drive about just for the sake of it, I don't care how much petrol I use or how much it costs & I don't care what I look like getting in or out of it, I'm 6ft 5 :D

Lovely looking car for it's age you've done well, a private plate on it would be perfect you'd never know it was almost as old as me!
Cheers mate.

It can also go off roading!

:p That's 4x4 Rally spec mate but it was lowered only yesterday to street spec. :D

Associate
My first car. Bought a couple of weeks back. Spent the most of the week giving it a good clean, clay bar, polish, paint touch up and sealant treatment. Big improvement from when I got it :)

bQwXRpw.jpg

I8RiN2Z.jpg

The car's a deeper shade of red, but I need to play about with photoshop to see if I can match it up.

Soldato
My first car. Bought a couple of weeks back. Spent the most of the week giving it a good clean, clay bar, polish, paint touch up and sealant treatment. Big improvement from when I got it :)

The car's a deeper shade of red, but I need to play about with photoshop to see if I can match it up.

Yay another Ibiza driver! I have one as a first car also, a silver 1.2 5 door :)
How you finding it?

Soldato

Tidy first car that, but the number plate (the shape) has got to go!

Soldato

Hi, what is it like to drive as we're looking at the newer model FR version. Don't worry too much about the condensation inside the lamps as most, if not all, acrylic headlamps do this. I've even seen it in a Mercedes CLS. If it really bothers you then put a pack of water absorbing gel in there...

Associate
Hi, what is it like to drive as we're looking at the newer model FR version. Don't worry too much about the condensation inside the lamps as most, if not all, acrylic headlamps do this. I've even seen it in a Mercedes CLS. If it really bothers you then put a pack of water absorbing gel in there...

Hi mate, it's a pleasure to drive. The sport has quite firm suspension so you do feel the bumps, but you get used to it right away. The steering and general handling of the car is great, much better than an astra in my eyes.

I suppose the best thing to do is test drive one and see how you get on with it :)

Soldato
Great little motors these. Had it a couple of months now and still can't get over how good value they are. Perfect for the rural area that I live in (IE. just 100's of miles of nice deserted B-roads). As long as you are not bothered by the small boot and cramped rear seats (which I'm not)... then anyone looking at this class / size of car would be mad to not go for a test drive.

001600x400_zps80378ce3.jpg

001-3_zps9301ff02.jpg

Soldato
I love it. Mines the 1.4 sport. I was driving my parents diesel 1.3 astra before and this car is so much better in every way. Really pleased that I found a good one privately. We should start an ibiza appreciation thread :p

Wish I had the 1.4, could only afford to insure the 1.2 being 17 though :(
Ah I can imagine! Astras are not great :p Yeh I find it is a great car and you don't see that many of them about which I like. The only thing I slightly dislike is the suspension, a bit too harsh for me :) Yes we should!

Back
Top Bottom