Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
My new car, had it about 2 months now, freshly washed and waxed.

imageqtij.jpg

imageoeyz.jpg

imagezig.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I can sympathise, I feel the same totally!

Company car?

I always had a soft spot for them, I know the engines never had much punch (well at least in the older models, haven't looked at the newer ones) but there are parts of the styling I like.

Those parts have probably been copied from another car but still :D

Caporegime
I went to give someone a jump start from an '11 308 Diesel and I couldn't get to the negative as it was blocked with something similar to that BMW, also a '12 Golf had the same thing. What are these ECU type things and does this pretty much rule out jump starts from modern cars?

Associate
Not a company car no MonkeyMan. Test drove it and loved it and was reasonable on insurance as I'm only 21 but, I just don't feel like its special or have an attachment to it. I think the styling is great and love the blue illumination of the dials at night but I can take or leave the rest.

Soldato
Negative? The positive is covered to prevent any objects above in the load area potentially shorting out, either the battery would go pop or the thing shorting gets so hot a fire starts.

Some cars will have a dedicated jump point under the bonnet.

Soldato
There is nothing blocking the ground on that battery. If you don't know the difference between red and black then give up on jump starting, seriously.

The jobber on the positive terminal is probably the pyrotechnic device. BMW have these to isolate the battery in a bad crash.

Soldato
It's called a fuse box for the obvious reason ;) there might also be a voltage quality module to maintain base 12v during cranking, typical on start systems with a light spec infotainment system.

In fact that black cylinder to the right of the battery looks like it could be the jump point.

Man of Honour
There is nothing blocking the ground on that battery.

Muffin's question about jump starting is completely seperate to the discussion about SDK's battery - he just happened to ask it in the same thread. He has not posted a photograph of the battery in question so there is no way you can say that.

If you don't know the difference between red and black then give up on jump starting, seriously.

If you can't follow basic conversation then give up on being patronising, seriously.

Soldato
It's pretty much impossible to block the ground on a car when the whole damn body is grounded, and by rights you should be connecting via the body anyway.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've known the old Dude I got my motor off for 18 years & he had the car 4 years, Mine was his first toy & then he got a Mint California. When we was chatting about the wheels & the arch gap he said to me that he got the California with those little wheels on & prefered the wheels on my red one so he swapped them over & then went on to remark how light my wheels were compared to the ones he put on the California. :p
He pulled up as I was out on my drive polishing yesterday & we had already talked about the wheels before with him just saying Good Luck to you mate I'm just happy you're pleased with the car. He said the same yesterday & also said he was pleased to see me improving it rather than abusing it.
Top bloke but we do appreciate each other.

Cool story bro though. :D

He is Minted by the way & still has a MX5 a Audi TT 2 x Lotus Elans & an Alfa Spider, He also has 2 lifts in his garage that lift 2 cars up in the air so he can park 3 more cars under them. My Red one was out on the drive during that mad hail storm we had which is why I got it cheap & why he fell out of love with it.

Back
Top Bottom