Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
4153f2c7-08b9-422a-a64c-e966ffaf46c6_zps2e6f85c8.jpg

from Friday :(

Sad day !

What are you replacing her with?

probably a 350z or an e46 330Ci

Soldato
Last decent picture I took of it: it's currently off the road needing a new MAF, air filter and various handbrake components, plus an MOT and insurance. Was planning on leaving it a while but watching top gear has made me want to get it running ASAP :p

img0320zx.jpg

Associate
Almost exactly a year since buying my baby E46, so celebrated with a much needed wash and wax today.
325tib.jpg

Still as fantastic as the day I got it; the straight six never stops putting a smile on my face and its taught me more about driving then anything else I can think of.

Caporegime
I said German ish

I'm well aware its built in spain :p

I can say i fancied buying something from the Volkswagen group of companies if that will make you feel better :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
or fancying a German SUV then buying an X5? ;)

Not quite the same since the manufacturer is BMW, which has its headquarters in germany.

Mine is a Seat, which has its headquarters in Spain. The car is built in spain, with the only german bit being that its based on the VW Golf Platform and shares a lot of its parts.

The X5 is a BMW and built by a german company... just not built in germany.

Associate
What made you get rid of the the 335d, rg-tom?? To expensive to run?
I'd have thought it would be better than the 350z or 330i economy wise and not overly different to them in repair bills either?

Soldato
What made you get rid of the the 335d, rg-tom?? To expensive to run?
I'd have thought it would be better than the 350z or 330i economy wise and not overly different to them in repair bills either?

335D is cheaper to to run than a 350z or 330i economy wise etc but it's worth £10k more :p now my mileage is much much lower, running costs are less important but the amount of money tied up in the car is.

Man of Honour
335D is cheaper to to run than a 350z or 330i economy wise etc but it's worth £10k more :p now my mileage is much much lower, running costs are less important but the amount of money tied up in the car is.

I thought you had no money tied up in the car as it was on finance? Isnt that the benefit of finance - you dont have your own money tied up in it as you 'pay as you go'?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23871781 said:
I thought you had no money tied up in the car as it was on finance? Isnt that the benefit of finance - you dont have your own money tied up in it as you 'pay as you go'?

well i have a fixed amount of my income tied up on the finance every month is what I meant, where as a car with lower purchase price means id be putting that into savings/elsewhere so it's still my money tied up.

Soldato
well i have a fixed amount of my income tied up on the finance every month is what I meant, where as a car with lower purchase price means id be putting that into savings/elsewhere so it's still my money tied up.

How did you manage to sell the car privately with remaining finance? Thought that was a no no from a buyers perspective...

Soldato
Tbf, for the money e46 330ci's cost these days there is almost nothing that comes close to being such an accomplished car. I saw one with one of the most comprehensive options list ive seen in a long time on an e46, with 147k miles, FSH with lots of receipts and invoices, 52 reg, 4x new Eagle F1's, champagne nappa leather, electric folding mirrors, electric rear sunblind, electric sunroof, xenons, sat nav, TV, DVD, HK, 4 original keys, etc for like £3200. Exterior looked as good as it can do in photos, it had a well written advert etc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How did you manage to sell the car privately with remaining finance? Thought that was a no no from a buyers perspective...

Its fine as long as you tell the buyer and inform the finance co and get a settlement price from them.

The buyer then pays the finance co who then agree the car can be sold. Either that or the buyer gives you the money, which you then use to pay off the finance. But your buyer has to wait for this before he can then collect the car.

Back
Top Bottom