Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
OK, to answer:

No LSD - Lotus claim it doesn't need one due to years of testing and experience going into the suspension setup (which is excellent btw).
ABS - yes
Gearbox - 6 speed manual (obviously), ratios are actually not too short or long, good balance for road and motorway
Traction control - on this model, yes, and it can be turned off
Electric windows - yes, apparently as light as manual ones
Electric mirrors - no, and there is a huge blind spot, promotes careful driving..
Roof - fits in the boot, takes 20-30 sec to change and comes with a bag!
Radio - yes, Alpine unit USB/CD with half decent speakers but terrible reception and not really that audible with engine + road noise, although the touring pack adds extra noise insulation so it's really not too bad at all under 60 mph.

EDIT:
Forgot to add -
Central remote locking & immobiliser etc.
Air Con (in original post though)
Boot is big enough for about 5 bags of shopping!

Last edited:
Soldato
My new daily driver, and it's a keeper this time (unlike the Fiesta):

It's a Lotus Elise S3 in Arctic Silver, with Touring Pack, A/C & Black Pack (wheels and diffuser). Still running in right now, but what a car. Beautiful, quick (enough for any roads) and surprisingly cheap to run. Not to mention excellent residuals. Anyone thinking about the GT86/Z4/Cayman etc. as I was, try one of these too....

So much win Alex! Enjoy! :D

Soldato

Indeed, very nice, however there are so many variations of Elise these days I have no idea if your spec lists means it is slow and comfortable or fast and unforgiving. :confused:

Edit, thought i'd configure an Elise/Exige to see what the crack is. What a complete waste of time even bothering with a configuration section on their website.

Ok, so an Elise = normal, Elise CR = normal, but lighter/better steering and an Elise S just sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's an Elise (not CR or S) with the Toyota 1.6 engine. So more towards slow and comfortable as it's my daily, but to be honest, it's not exactly a slouch by any stretch. I personally wouldn't want any more power on the roads for my commute, but I imagine on track it could use more. That doesn't distract from the sheer smiles per hour factor though - it's a great drive at any speed.

The Elise CR has no noise insulation, radio, roof etc, so wasn't suitable. The Elise S is almost another £20k for more power, so was never in my realm of consideration...

Soldato
In it's natural habitat....

225099_10152631398545085_1272370666_n.jpg

:)

Caporegime
It's an Elise (not CR or S) with the Toyota 1.6 engine. So more towards slow and comfortable as it's my daily, but to be honest, it's not exactly a slouch by any stretch. I personally wouldn't want any more power on the roads for my commute, but I imagine on track it could use more. That doesn't distract from the sheer smiles per hour factor though - it's a great drive at any speed.

The Elise CR has no noise insulation, radio, roof etc, so wasn't suitable. The Elise S is almost another £20k for more power, so was never in my realm of consideration...

I thought these used the Toyota 1ZZ/2ZZ 1.8 found in the Celica and Corolla?

Soldato
I like the engine character. Lots of revs to get the power makes every journey even more fun, not to mention the fuel is incredibly easy on my wallet, which is useful at the mileage I do! Better than the K series 1.8 bar the slight torque advantage. Just a lot more modern.

Back
Top Bottom