Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
I'm picking this up on Friday. Hope it doesn't get the same Golf TSI bashing the other guy got a few pages back! :D

My two previous cars have been a MK4 S Reg Fiesta and a 52 plate Toyota Corolla. Both have been pretty rubbish! It's costing 8500 with the usual bartered dealer freebies thrown in. 18000 miles on an 09 plate I don't think is too shabby! The guy before seems to have been a gadget freak too as it has a lot of upgrades inside! Immaculate too.

GFyPd8N.jpg

cLrdEAQ.jpg

The colour looks a lot better not in the rain! It was the most overcast day I've ever seen when I took the pictures!

Very nice car enjoy it. I dislike the parking dash sensor though, it's useless when trying to reverse at a normal speed. Takes a few secs to kick in.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Very nice car enjoy it. I dislike the parking dash sensor though, it's useless when trying to reverse at a normal speed. Takes a few secs to kick in.
Really? I've never had an issues with it.
But maybe that's because I've actually lived with a Mk 6 Golf and you haven't.

Associate
My boat parked by a lake (no snow).

DSC_0015.jpg

Is that Chapel lane next to the Chew Valley Lake?

Associate
What are these like mate? I really like these, especially the rear of them.

What's the MPG like?

Hi Belloni

Brought the Alfa Giulietta to replace a mark1 fabia Vrs.

could have gone for any car up to £28000 but wanted a petrol as 99% of my journeys are 10 miles or less and the diesel Vrs just wasn't getting warmed up enough to thrash.

The alfa is quick but is very composed and I think that's why it gets marked down by some motoring mags as you have to go at stupid speeds to get it to misbehave. The Ride is very good and is more grand touring than bone juddering. Have seen good MPG on long runs around 40 MPG but in traffic or when really being driven hard this comes down.

Im not really a good one to ask about MPG as I work nights and there is some nice long A roads on my route home so MPG suffers badly.

Did look at Audi A3 but salesman put me off. THey just seemed not to want to do any deals or take the Vrs as PX so when alfa offered me good money for the Vrs and I put £12000 cash £3000 PX and financed the last £12500 with Alfa at 0% over 3 years. This made it a no brainer.

It does amaze me that car mags praise the Golf Gti and rate the alfa down as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times Shows it to be a pretty capable car.

Back
Top Bottom