Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Apart from the parents losing jobs :confused: where the hell did you get that from?

This

It's better if you can't finance the £90 petrol costs a month, the increase in the insurance premium, the tax costs, also situations have changed meaning a parents no longer in work, so I was forced to cut down unfortunately.

He put parents, plural but with a singular "a" in front. May be he meant MY parents. Never seen someoe refer their own parents as "a parent" before.

Last edited:
Suspended
Or he meant 'a parent is' no longer in work. The apostrophe after the t was missing, buts it's pretty lazy to ignore 'is' when in this case it would make the sentence far clearer.

I think hes trying to say his parents have moved from a double income household to a single parent in work.

Soldato
Where did you get the plate made up from?

From first glance it looks illegal? I would love to have a clean looking plate like that but don't they have to have the postcode of the number plate maker on and some code?

Cheers

From teh Bay of Fleas :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221090929738?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

100% Road Legal and it has the maker and post code on (albeit small within the border of teh number plate ;))

TFSI? What does that mean? Some form of new diesel model? :confused:
;)

yeah ;)

:p Its the 211 BHP flavor - waiting on a price for an ECU remap :)

@ West - yeah its a turbo / intercooler thingumyjig :D

Google says Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection

Soldato
I know what it means really :) I was just being facetious and insinuating that every other Audi on the planet is a diesel, don't mind me :p

Good engine choice though, is it a company car?

Caporegime
Soldato
I know what it means really :) I was just being facetious and insinuating that every other Audi on the planet is a diesel, don't mind me :p

Good engine choice though, is it a company car?

lol, I know, :p

No its not - I get a car allowance and buy my own :)

I too was expecting to see 'TDI' when i scrolled down the image ;)

Yeah, ive had Diesels for ages and when this came up jumped at it, white wouldn't be my first choice but it looks great in the flesh :)

Thanks, that's good how they have hidden the maker post code into the border.

Will probably get a set :)

No probs - I really like the way it blends ion and for £20 the set next day delivery can't go wrong :)

Hm, they look good. I was thinking of getting some nice new plates for mine. I am bit apprehensive but they would definitely be road legal and i wouldnt getinto trouble right?

They are sold as "road legal" and look correctly spaced to me and have the post code etc stamped on (which is a choice in the eBay sale)

Associate
I had a set of 'cheap' plates on my old ST as the previous ones were looking old and nasty. Didn't have the BS mark, basically only the reg and it went through an MOT fine - plenty of police followed behind me over the time I had them on and never had any trouble!

Soldato
I had a set of 'cheap' plates on my old ST as the previous ones were looking old and nasty. Didn't have the BS mark, basically only the reg and it went through an MOT fine - plenty of police followed behind me over the time I had them on and never had any trouble!

It only takes 1 policeman to pull you over, and it only take 1 MOT test centre to feel like mentioning it.

I'd rather just get the makers code on the plates, than not and run the risk of being forced to buy another set of plates.

You really can't complain with the above link @ £9.99 a plate...

Soldato
the only twincharged vag engine is the 1.4 tsi or in audi's case the 1.4 tfsi

available in 160ps, 180ps and 185ps outputs.

The other 1.4 tsi/tfsi engines with lower outputs (122ps) are turbo only.

Back
Top Bottom