Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
OK, so here is my newly acquired 5 then.

Its a 2004 US model, 1.8 with the Azure Blue Cloth package, which included blue hood, seats and interior trim, unique wheels and the convienience pack.. and other than previous owners changing the head unit, soft top (its now black) and those hideous rear lights, its all standard with 50k miles.

Bonus points if anyone can identify which car these lights were supposed to fit?

As far as I can see its the only NB in the UAE, so I didnt have a lot of choice which one I got ;) first thing to sort will be those lights, and then the fun starts with a long list of jobs to do.

Associate
OK, so here is my newly acquired 5 then.

Its a 2004 US model, 1.8 with the Azure Blue Cloth package, which included blue hood, seats and interior trim, unique wheels and the convienience pack.. and other than previous owners changing the head unit, soft top (its now black) and those hideous rear lights, its all standard with 50k miles.

Bonus points if anyone can identify which car these lights were supposed to fit?

As far as I can see its the only NB in the UAE, so I didnt have a lot of choice which one I got ;) first thing to sort will be those lights, and then the fun starts with a long list of jobs to do.

Something is telling me jaguar - but a quick google tells me otherwise... :confused:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
You still gonna be coming to the occasional meet Malc?

Yes mate I am & I'm staying in touch with the local guys & staying on the forums. I'm going to buy another cheapy later in the year first chance I get.

And Hinckley is a bit far :( Don't doubt its easy to get to but is still an 8 hour round trip! Shame as the BRG hardtop would be perfect for winter.

That's a shame mate as your 5 would look Superb with a BRG Hardtop & Bronze TE37's. :D
You'd have to lose those rear lights though.

Associate
Looks alright apart from the rear lights and bumper, both are wrong and need changing ASAP!

Also those wheels look odd, they are Euphonic wheel design but look like 15", either that or the tyres are the wrong size.

They should be 16" wheels.

thanks. They are the 16" Enkei wheels which came with this package in the US (only available on Sunlight Silver).

yes, agree about those lights are they are going soon! Already got some OEM ones and a few more bits in the post. Anything else wrong with the bumper other than having been filled to accommodate the wrong lights? The rear wings have been filled too. :(

Any other observations welcome! :)

edit: I think you are right about the tires, I have 4 x falken 205/55R16 and manual states 205/45R16

Last edited:
Soldato
How did you manage to assume that? :/

Similar to binning it on drift days, I suppose.

Crashing two cars in the space of a couple of months, I guess. Little was I to know that this was only a little scratch.

Can't see the connection between going round hitting stuff on the public roads and going onto a steel ring with the sole intention of being a goon though.

Caporegime
Crashing two cars in the space of a couple of months, I guess. Little was I to know that this was only a little scratch.

Can't see the connection between going round hitting stuff on the public roads and going onto a steel ring with the sole intention of being a goon though.

Maybe there's little connection but you can jump off your high horse once in a while. It's a tiny scratch as well, not a bent chassis leg in sight.

Soldato
Hey, I'm hardly one to talk, I've mangled the back axle of a BMW too.

If he didn't want a sarcastic reaction then why even post that (misleading) piece of information on the internet?

Soldato
Finally got some decent pics!

Parked up:
72828_10152730948480085_323773435_n.jpg

And on the street:
11929_10152739333100085_2116020042_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom