Show Us Your Motors!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Thanks. As always, it is not the car I would have loved to have bought back then but it has been fit for purpose. A bigger engine is long overdue :p!

Soldato
byecyril.jpg

Last pic of my EP3, just sold it this morning :(

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
December 01 Focus 1.8 LX LPG 57k up it 3 previous owners All the old MOT's & Ford manauls & guff & Untold receipts.

Recent new LPG pump & Filler valve 10mths MOT 2mths Tax. Drives just how you'd expect a 57k Focus to drive.

O Yer & about 70p a ******* litre. :D

Soldato
Something cheap for a little bit, until I can decide what I want :)

I feel like I'm missing something? Given that there is usually a significant cost to change, won't changing twice render the "cheap" replacement moot?

I wouldn't have expected that selling a circa 9 year old(?) CTR to unlock a significant amount anyway? Or do they attract a scene premium? What do they go for? ~4k?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
It's sitting on my drive constantly getting covered in dirt from the housing estate they are building down the road.
Due to recent events though & some Massive changes in me & my familys life I am selling it & running the Focus. I'm going from doing play mileage a week to 300 plus. Last thing I wanted to do was sell my 5 but if you knew my situation you would all understand.

Soldato
I feel like I'm missing something? Given that there is usually a significant cost to change, won't changing twice render the "cheap" replacement moot?

I wouldn't have expected that selling a circa 9 year old(?) CTR to unlock a significant amount anyway? Or do they attract a scene premium? What do they go for? ~4k?

I sold it for 4600.

I will be buying something reliable, not that quick, fair on juice but really cheap to maintain for circa 1300 quid. I'll maintain it myself and it wont really lose a lot of cash if its kept as mint as it is now, if the deal goes through :)

The Civic was reliable but was due new back tyres, back brakes and a clutch would have been good, plus I'd have wanted to re-refurb a wheel I kerbed and a couple of body bits (OCD!) so there goes another grand, just decided to cash in and put it in the bank for a bit and see how Focus ST's and Civic Type R FN2's come down over the next 6 months to a year.

Last edited:

GT3

GT3

Soldato
rare doesnt mean anything if no one wants one though

the 205gti is a classic hothatch that people are willing to spend over the odds to repair/restore. the 106 in comparison is 'just' another hothatch

not that they are bad cars

Yes I'm aware of that, but I believe they will have the same cult following as the 205 in years to come. They may just be "another hot hatch" at the minute but give them a few years and I reckon they will be as desirable as 205's. Remember 10 years ago, you could pick up a mint 205 gti for less than a grand, but as time goes on and decent ones are harder to come by, memories grow fond of the little french biscuit tin and values go up.

The 106 and 306 gti were probably the last great hot hatches Peugeot made. Timeless looking, great handling, great revvy tough engines and just simple brilliant fun.

Soldato
They were the last good cars they made imo.

Still want a 106 Rallye but decent ones are really rare. Could get a 16v'd one but then insurance goes way up for what is effectively... my car with wind up windows.

Soldato
It's sitting on my drive constantly getting covered in dirt from the housing estate they are building down the road.
Due to recent events though & some Massive changes in me & my familys life I am selling it & running the Focus. I'm going from doing play mileage a week to 300 plus. Last thing I wanted to do was sell my 5 but if you knew my situation you would all understand.

Thats a shame, you loved that car :(

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I know there are a lot of 5's on here but that really is taking the ****. :p

Already had a fair offer on my 5 so will look to sell the wheels & hardtop separately I think unless somebody throws me enough for the lot to save me the messing.
Going to take ages for me to get over selling this car, Sad but true. :o

Back
Top Bottom