Show What You're Working On

Using a template as I'm in a bit of a rush but pleased with how it is turning out. Nice JS EasySlider action :-

2rg2feu.jpg

Working on the surgery website - slowly learning Joomla... getting there though!

Now to work on the buttons at the bottom...

The Pinn Medical Centre

Every single exclamation and question mark has a space before it!

Please fix it! It looks wrong in normal circumstances, but on a professional website, it's extremely wrong. :(

This too "GP’s" no apostrophes for plurals!

Seems all the DXUT stuff is C++ native, and not really recommended for day to day use and completely missing for dotnet. So i've got sidetracked building some tools and libraries to convert and handle various resource files. Not the most glamorous or exciting of projects but i'll need it if I want to do more than paste 1000's of lines of coordinates into my code.

Having struggled with the backwards system used in Oblivion and read a really interesting article about how they implemented the patcher for Guild Wars (a few years back, think it was in Gamasutra) - and spent some time with Git and Subversion I have some ideas how to approach this.

So digging through DX11, I really can't be bothered with all the monkeywork heavy lifting involved these days - and also thinking about it, am more interested in learning Python than C#

To that effect:

marsz.png

Simple stuff at the moment, the background is a skysphere with a 2048x1024 texture applied & Mars is a more detailed sphere with a texture nicked from NASA (http://maps.jpl.nasa.gov/mars.html) applied.

And lit:

marslit.png

Zoomed as close as it goes on somewhere more local:

python20110718161039131.png

Added shadows:

ppython2011071921113532.png

Just got the Joystick plugged in to the engine. Tomorrow should add the ability to fly around, and a rough and ready simulation.

Last edited:
Hit some limitations with the API I was using in Python, so have spent some time digging around looking at alternatives. Found an engine some bloke has been making, so can't take credit for anything in this shot (it's one of the bundled demos).

teslasamplesvshost20110.png

Thats a real nice fluent website.

Thanks. Much better than our current which is far too text-heavy and reliant for a media website. Click on the young girl (middle thumbnail or first slide) to get an example of a case study page with a random video.

Very nice, i'm not sure if i like the menu following me down the page though...

No? I guess it's just personal preference. Will gather more feedback once it's all put together. Easy enough to remove the fixed :).

Last edited:
No? I guess it's just personal preference. Will gather more feedback once it's all put together. Easy enough to remove the fixed :).

I find the menu incredibly irritating. I think the menu is really bulky as well, the page isn't really very sleek and it gives it quite a dated feel. It makes the page feel quite suffocated and there's not much room for the content to breathe because there's alway a big clunky menu at the top.

The first thing you are drawn to is the menu - not the photos nor the logo at the top.

Hmm, it doesn't help with that that you can't view an image without the menu being in the way in some form or other. But i don't have that much of a problem with the menu itself... maybe if it was stationary and above the frame of the images. Perhaps more transparent and you could try a slightly darker background?

Back
Top Bottom