Show What You're Working On

My entry into the MSI comp. Modelled the tank from scratch (Blender), but it's still missing a lot of details due to time constraints. Going to put some more into it and get it up to fantastic quality.

blue-1.png

gord, what if you added some text on the left hand side:
eg:
Motherboards
Video Cards
(and whatever else MSI sell).
Perhaps also add their web site address and email address?

gord, what if you added some text on the left hand side:

Comp has closed now, I would have added their web address if I'd have thought of it but I only got my entry in with 4 minutes to spare. It's designed as a wallpaper, so I'd always leave the left side clean. It's the model that I'm really showing here.

Cheers KrooKed.

Some logo designs for a local museum. First time doing graphic design after a degree in architecture so its not quite there yet. Hoping to try and make a career out of it if I can :)

RkNJU.jpg.png

Some logo designs for a local museum. First time doing graphic design after a degree in architecture so its not quite there yet. Hoping to try and make a career out of it if I can :)
Very good for a first go! :)

But my unsolicited two penn'orth doesn't end there, oh no :D

Firstly, is the museum called "Discovery" or is it called "Millom Discovery Centre"? If it's the latter, you may want to look at giving the non-"Discovery" words more weight [or even equal weight].

Secondly, are you sure you've explored all your logotype options? There's a bit of a "culture clash" between the modern, minimalist mark and the resolutely classical serif logotypes. Also bear in mind that the highly-condensed Poster Bodoni-esque one will suffer from legibility issues at small sizes/low resolutions, due to the huge stroke-width variation.

Personally, I'd be inclined to investigate some sans-serifs with character; perhaps those with a slight rounding-off of 90-degree angles, to reflect the shape of the lines used to create the mountain horizon.

[ Hopefully this post will be taken in the constructive spirit that it's intended :) ]

Last edited:
I'm currently working on a network management tool which enables you to block internet access to OUs or, user-defined groups.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the kind words :)

Thank you very much for the criticism simisker, very much appreciated.

It is in fact "Millom Discovery Centre", but the idea was to promote the idea of discovery, rather than the whole name itself, given the less than appealing format the current branding is in.

I will say that I am far from finished with my exploration of typography and this is a project firmly seated in the initial stages of design. I'm not fully convinced myself by either the mark or the typography, so there will be plenty more iterations before the final design is produced!

Like I said this is all new to me and I'm learning as I go, so thank you very much for the advice/criticism and I will experiment further over the next few weeks :D

You must b good to be able to code that layout in HTML5 or CSS, would loge to see the final product.

Really the HTML and CSS is the easy part.. it's PHP I have a hard time with... It's gonna be interesting when I'm converting it over to run off Wordpress, may have to pester some folks on here! :)

And yeah I will let you see the finished product when it's done, probably by the middle of next week if I don't get distracted!

Really the HTML and CSS is the easy part.. it's PHP I have a hard time with... It's gonna be interesting when I'm converting it over to run off Wordpress, may have to pester some folks on here! :)

And yeah I will let you see the finished product when it's done, probably by the middle of next week if I don't get distracted!

Can't wait to see it finished or atleast into a web form! :D Looks like a really nice template. Maybe you should turn it into a wordpress theme and sell it on Theme Forest!

Back
Top Bottom