Show What You're Working On

Soldato
Some of the websites here are great!

Something i definitely want to get into i think as a future occupation. I have made 2 sites, 1 from scratch and 1 from a template. Nothing as good as the ones here though.

I guess most have designed them in Ps and then sliced and diced it into a site :p. Anyone got any particular websites they found good for tutorials on this? I have been looking at a few already but some more suggestions would be great.

What do people think about HTML5 also? should i be coding that instead of the old way? or no?

Thanks guys in advance for any suggestions you may offer.

Soldato
Photoshop is a fantastic way of showing a client what the end result will look like.
Coding the entire page (or sometimes several pages) only to have the client change their mind is a good waste of a few hours.
This is what i am going to start doing i think,
I don't have any client's at the moment :p but i am going to try a few practice sites, make the design in Photoshop and then code it up in Dreamweaver etc.

I have been reading a few guides etc on the web about "converting" a photoshop design to HTML but i am a little confused. Here is the guide i have been following, http://sillythingsthatmatter.com/applications/psd2html.php
Does anyone have any suggestions for some guides/books i can learn from?

Last edited:
Caporegime
How can you disagree with designing in PS and getting the client to sign off before you spend hours coding it? Seems a pretty sensible way of doing things to me.

I assume he is saying that depending on how you have done the website, changing the layout/content/colour may not take hours to achieve the new look the client wants.

Associate
Trying to motivate myslef to do a couple of 'game tools' for EVE online.

Programing in python, looking to do some PI calculators and some market asesment stuff , for those who know the game.

Coming along Ok until before Chrimbo haven't got back into it yet as I've been busy with other things.

Soldato
A project which I've been continuing with a friend from uni. It's currently up for playtest on the App Hub with the hope it will go to peer review next week.

We had very strict criteria for the uni project which is why it's ended up as a wire frame game. I still find the game addictive to play even after working on it on and off for some time now.

Trailer

App Hub Page

Soldato
I'm currently in the design progress of a new word-processor (.rft) editor/creator for my Even Driven Programming Module in college. Should start with the full thing on the weekend.

Associate
I have several websites for University modules to begin with soon, all briefs are different and my ideas are flowing, however I am yet to design them.

Pointless post I know, but makes me remember to post again once I have done my designs.

One website has to be made using Catalyst, by Adobe.

Another is to be made using HTML5 and CSS3, with our own choice of javascript/jQuery and the likes.

Finally, we have to develop a website to house content for reports we created within a group, and with a set topic.

I will spend next week Designing the majority of websites as I want to be able to design my own personal website which is stuck with just a basic landing page at the mo'!

Ciao, see you in a week!

Back
Top Bottom