Show What You're Working On

fez

fez

Caporegime
Currently in the process of creating my first website. Here's what i have got so far

http://www.jailbreakfinder.com/

I just need to figure out how to layout the database for it (needs to hold jailbreak information for each version of iOS on each apple device), create the drop down boxes, put some ads in and submit it to search engines.

Hey buddy, have a look at the html5boilerplate for a good basis for a new website. You also want to try to avoid using tables and inline styles for the layout of a website. Have a look at just using CSS based layouts.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Good advice here. Twitter Bootstrap is also a pretty good framework.

Twitter bootstrap is rocking my socks at the moment, Im just a little worried it might be a little involved to start with. Saying that, for a generic-ish looking webapp like he is building it may be perfect. Responsive is the future.

Only thing that I find a bit strange about the twitter bootstrap is the sites they are showing as examples of it in action. They don't seem to use it very well at all...

Associate
My latest website incarnation. I have focussed on the features rather than the design to begin with. I have a few more CMS modules that I am I coding at the moment and then I plan to give it a bit of a javascript/responsive rehaul when all the backend coding is done.

It is built on a CMS I designed myself and have been working on for the past 6 months, it's in a fairly good state at the moment but it seems to be a never ending job improving it and bringing certain features up to scratch!

The website went from blank canvas to project in about 3 weeks so I am proud of its current state!

http://www.pimpmypi.co.uk

Associate
Hey buddy, have a look at the html5boilerplate for a good basis for a new website. You also want to try to avoid using tables and inline styles for the layout of a website. Have a look at just using CSS based layouts.

Good advice here. Twitter Bootstrap is also a pretty good framework.

Twitter bootstrap is rocking my socks at the moment, Im just a little worried it might be a little involved to start with. Saying that, for a generic-ish looking webapp like he is building it may be perfect. Responsive is the future.

Only thing that I find a bit strange about the twitter bootstrap is the sites they are showing as examples of it in action. They don't seem to use it very well at all...

Thanks for the advice guys, i'll have a look into Twitter bootstrap.
There are no tables in the site as i have been using divs styled using external CSS. I'm aiming for a minimalistic look.

By the way, where does the Twitter bootstrap file get saved after it is downloaded?

Soldato
Thanks for the advice guys, i'll have a look into Twitter bootstrap.
There are no tables in the site as i have been using divs styled using external CSS. I'm aiming for a minimalistic look.

By the way, where does the Twitter bootstrap file get saved after it is downloaded?

Hmm, I hate to break it to you but you have tables in there...

Code:
<table width="1000" border="0">
          <tbody><tr>
            <td width="232">&nbsp;</td>
            <td width="10">&nbsp;</td>
            <td width="235">&nbsp;</td>
            <td width="238">&nbsp;</td>
          </tr>
          <tr><!--Rounded Box 1-->
            <td height="119" style="border:0; border-color:#FFF"> <div id="rbox1"><h3>Which apple device do you own?</h3>
    <p>Lorem ipsum magna sit ut lobortis taciti dapibus, ut dapibus ipsum eros aliquam molestie, lorem eu arcu fusce fames fermentum felis in vivamus blandit gravida.

Have you downloaded the file to your machine? Is there any documentation contained in the download?

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm, I hate to break it to you but you have tables in there...

Code:
<table width="1000" border="0">
          <tbody><tr>
            <td width="232">&nbsp;</td>
            <td width="238">&nbsp;</td>
          </tr>
          <tr><!--Rounded Box 1-->
            <td height="119" style="border:0; border-color:#FFF"> <div id="rbox1"><h3>Which apple device do you own?</h3>
    <p>Lorem ipsum magna sit ut lobortis taciti dapibus, ut dapibus ipsum eros aliquam molestie, lorem eu arcu fusce fames fermentum felis in vivamus blandit gravida.

Have you downloaded the file to your machine? Is there any documentation contained in the download?

I have downloaded the file to my pc. There's just a "CSS", "IMG" and "JS" folder left after i extracted the zip.

Soldato
I have downloaded the file to my pc. There's just a "CSS", "IMG" and "JS" folder left after i extracted the zip.

That's what you get. All of the documentation for each element you can use is on that site. You just need to include the external files for styles, scripts etc in your header.

Back
Top Bottom