Show What You're Working On

fez

fez

Caporegime
I am not saying it is going to be a huge difference to twitter or any other site because there are so many people out there doing the same thing now. But the idea I have is to have fewer restrictions in terms of how many words members can write so that they can express themselves more freely without trying to cram it all in. I also want to make the site as simple and straight forward as possible, as this will help encourages people whom are slightly older and don’t have a clue how figure out the new Facebook timeline or twitter.

So its a bit like a simplified facebook? Sounds good to me, I was just a little confused as to your comparisons to Twitter as I can't see the relationship they share.

Associate
I hope this turns out to be a good idea when it’s eventually complete, but right now I am only looking at it as some fun. I may also get a few of my friends to join with this idea as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
typer.me

I am starting a project web site for people to write stories, news, reviews and other stuff. Suppose a bit like twitter but without the restriction of having limited amount of words to write. It’s just an idea and it might not go any where, but at least it’s something to do. When the full site is up, members can have the option of changing there background to something a little more stylish and colourful and feature search to find friends. There will be none of this following people, trending or hash tags. Simplicity is the way forward. :p

Bit tooo greyscale for me tbh!

Associate
What is a jailbreak?

A Jailbreak is the process of hacking any apple device running iOS and the Apple TV to free it from Apple restrictions. It allows users to gain root access to the operating system, allowing iOS users to download additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store and giving apple TV users more codec support.

Permabanned
I've now finished the database on my website, for now anyway until new jailbreaks come out!

http://jailbreakfinder.com/

What i'm trying to fix right now to the positioning of the 2nd drop down box. It's just not lining up with the other 2. I'm also looking at adding a "Contact Us" form and i'm thinking of some designs to improve the looks of it.

Very simple yet so effective.

Associate
I've now finished the database on my website, for now anyway until new jailbreaks come out!

http://jailbreakfinder.com/

What i'm trying to fix right now to the positioning of the 2nd drop down box. It's just not lining up with the other 2. I'm also looking at adding a "Contact Us" form and i'm thinking of some designs to improve the looks of it.
Your loading.gif returns 404.

Associate
My new iOS app has been released in the app store called The Daily Quiz. It's my 2nd app to be released but the first one was just a test to get me into iOS development. The good thing about this one is it utilises a few platforms; objective-c and cocoa touch obviously but also web services written in php hitting a mySQL database. There are a few issues in v1.0 that could not be tested for without a larger user base but 1.1 is in testing now and will be released soon. Free at the moment but depending how it goes I may charge for it.

Did have problems getting it released to start with as it broke a few of their T&C's but after a design changed and rewrite it was approved. An interesting experience as you do have to design to their rules, rather than have a free reign to do what you want.

Soldato
Out of interest, I too am working on a general knowledge quiz.
What do your customers get if they pay for the quiz?
What incentive is there for them to answer the questions on your quiz?

Associate
Out of interest, I too am working on a general knowledge quiz.
What do your customers get if they pay for the quiz?
What incentive is there for them to answer the questions on your quiz?

I had 10 beta testers but they could only test so much, therefore the app is free at the moment to encourage a lot of users to play the quiz and make sure there are no issues with a large user base before I start charging. I don't intent having a lite version, it will hopefully be paid for (as long as the testing works out). In the 2 days since launch I've had over 500 people playing.

I have three ranked score tables in the app, daily, monthly and yearly, so the incentive for the user is progress in these tables. Users can also submit their own questions, with the obvious incentive that if their question is used, they will know the answer.

One issue I have is the global nature of it and time zones. The app provides 10 fresh questions at midnight GMT, so those elsewhere get them at different times. No way round that I reckon. My web server that dishes out the questions etc is in California so needs an offset to sync with the app.

Back
Top Bottom