Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Soldato
It's all done through livestream. Not ideal tbh. But here you go.
Thanks I'll look - thought they would be on their website.
(was going to ask how many attendees can identify a gs3 or rocket at 20 paces)

Brewesta look alikes from aliexpress,as we discussed before, look pretty good, but not necessarily with timer,
but having checked calibration on my (+/-1g) kitchen digital scales they have been fine.

de-scale of hx at weekend (50g citric in 2l) although I syphoned machine out, takes ages for blue colour to flush out from water tap, versus the brewhead,
a right pain.... need a fine endoscope/camera to check out internals

Man of Honour
Did you have a go on the Square Mile pac man machine? I'm wondering what the top score was in the end.... I think I had a reasonable shot at it. ;)

Turns out the top score was 17'960.

I know this because it was MINE! :eek: :D

Prize is 10 years of Square Mile coffee. :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
well done - how many espressos before you played ?

you can start reviewing their coffee and tell us what to get .

I'd had a few filter brews, but not a huge amount. Also a cinnamon swirl doughnut from Crosstown.

When you say 10 years' worth of coffee, is that a 250g per day, per week, per month or per year?

Bag per month for 10 years. Was given a choice between filter or espresso. I'm assuming it's the 350g not the 1kg bags.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend something like a keepcup but that's insulated? I don't need a flask, just something I'll keep at work. I have a cheap company-branded thing but the plastic is obviously a bit porous as it's starting to smell of coffee (not in a good way) and it doesn't really keep the coffee warm at all, even with the lid.

Man of Honour
Eh? Not entirely sure what you mean by build it yourself. You can choose what colour bits you want and it completely disassembles into 5 parts for cleaning, or for replacing broken parts.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend something like a keepcup but that's insulated? I don't need a flask, just something I'll keep at work. I have a cheap company-branded thing but the plastic is obviously a bit porous as it's starting to smell of coffee (not in a good way) and it doesn't really keep the coffee warm at all, even with the lid.

I've personally found anything metal lined (i.e. vacuum flask style) seems to taint the drink. I've had a keepcup for a couple of years and it's probably the best in terms of lack of tainting - but doesn't keep it warm for that long.

The only thing I've seen that might be better is the Frank Green SmartCup.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Rave have 10% off on blends until Wednesday evening if anyone's interested:

THANK YOU
As promised, here is 10% off our blends for the next two days!*
Sale ends Wednesday the 25th at 11:59PM
Use Code: THANKYOUSALE
or click the button below!

All sale orders will be sent 2nd class unless upgraded at checkout. Please be aware that shipping is calculated AFTER the discount is applied.
*Excludes brew equipment and subscription products

Back
Top Bottom