Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

I did a quick Google and the V3 was 2500 which is decent territory(decent regularly do 10% discount on trade in machines, visible defects etc..) but I that might have been a specific finish of the V3. Is the base price 2k?

I've been drinking the Lavazza Espresso Intenso coffee for my everyday coffee for a while now, and I think it's probably the best price / taste ratio I have come across yet. I know it's not a speciality roast or anything but it's bang for buck is insane.

Anyone else tried this?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on some much needed upgrades over my standard Barista Express accessories:

Normcore 53.3mm Spring Loaded Tamper
CreepyParty Coffee Dosing Funnel
WDT
Tamper mat

Heard good things about the Normcore tamper!
I have that exact tamper and dosing funnel for my BE, both have been absolutely brilliant.

I've got a Subminimal Flick WDT on the way at the moment. I've never bothered with a tamping mat as the stock BE portafilter lies perfectly flat when rested on the bench. 2 years so far and its not damaged the worktop at all.

In the Process of repairing a Gaggia Classic so will need to grinder to go with it. Been recommended a Niche Zero but wondering if there is anything cheaper that isn't 'that' far off the niche?

Got my Baratza Sette 270 grinder so I could finally begin the process of dialing in and wasting a ton of beans with my Bambino Plus. The best I could get was 18g in, and 35g brewed over 26seconds so I have a lot to learn still. The Sette is lovely and as loud as my bean to cup so I'm used to the noise.

I did a quick Google and the V3 was 2500 which is decent territory(decent regularly do 10% discount on trade in machines, visible defects etc..) but I that might have been a specific finish of the V3. Is the base price 2k?
Think the stainless steel is £1999 now and the black / white finishes are £2400.

Anyone using/used MHW-3Bomber gear? I'm intrigued by their fully covered needle distribution tool but it's pricey, and as of 3 minutes ago where I dropped my brewista scales, their scales.

broken a few of the melitta glasses right so got some villeroy bosch (dlockers favourite) ones to try -
both 80ml - bit easier to grip with larger gap between walls, hemispherical base a bit more aesthetic - should have done a close-up

53460051709_ebb4b0f10f_b.jpg

so the newer vileroy glasses float in the washing up water - must ? be better insulated, or it's wafer thin glass. - D (escaling) day today with citric acid.

Vacuum insulated glassware often floats in water because it has an enclosed vacuum which means overall density vs water is lower. The vacuum being the thing which gives them better heat retention.

yes I think overall density of bosch is lower - I doubt either ones have a vacuum, maybe just sealed with nitrogen ?
this reminds me of an interview question I had in bristol - think it was guy in boat with bricks in boat and why/how level of boat would change when he discarded them

Any recommendations for some new beans to try? I love my local roaster but I fancy trying something new.

Also open to trying one of those monthly mystery box subscription things - any suggestions welcome!

Anyone using/used MHW-3Bomber gear? I'm intrigued by their fully covered needle distribution tool but it's pricey, and as of 3 minutes ago where I dropped my brewista scales, their scales.

Bought the scales. Like them. Better than brewista. More responsive and the "smart" functionality is a little er... smarter. Easier to keep clean, too.

wogancoffee.com are offering 15% off all orders today. Expires at midnight and the discount is automatically applied at the checkout.
Ordered, Thanks. I've bought their Coffee twice before and not been disappointed. Unlike my last purchase from Coffeelink in Ipswich. Two of their coffees have been a dark roast which I don't like and have been disappointed with the taste.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom